• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not even close Rickb. Automation is so expensive it's relegated to popular models with strong demands for years and years from various car manufacturers. On the lighter side of things, you've probably heard/seen it in the news about TESLA cutting their prices that maybe I can consider buying a model 3! While the other previous buyers are all upset that they pay full price at the time before this huge price cut. What's also exciting is TESLA also just received delivery of their stamping dyes for guess what.....Cybertruck!!! It's really gonna happen....a truck that defies conventional truck look!
3wheelin, I can‘t imagine you not loving to drive the Model ‘3’. I was skeptical about EVs, but the Model Y is my favorite car to date after 2 1/2 years of ownership. Even my wife says it’s a joy to drive and she could care less about cars. However, I encourage you to test drive one before the purchase. When I saw the CyberTruck images years ago, I thought the design was a joke, but when I discovered it was the real deal, I grew to like it, although not a vehicle I need to own. :)

Regarding automation, Tesla’s business model accomplished it in a rather short period of time.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You guys makes good point. But what is a 3 wheeler car really??.... SOLO is the only one in the market offering a fully enclosed single seat 3wheeler safe enough for local drives but never on freeways where 65-up mph is the norms. .....
I keep seeing a Solo in the diamond lane going over 70 around here. Well just 2 times so far. That being with-in 15miles of the factory. But I see him in my hood too.( 3times) So it's private owned I assume.

My commute is never over 15miles from that factory. So that's not important.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
3wheelin, I can‘t imagine you not loving to drive the Model ‘3’. I was skeptical about EVs, but the Model Y is my favorite car to date after 2 1/2 years of ownership. Even my wife says it’s a joy to drive and she could care less about cars. However, I encourage you to test drive one before the purchase. When I saw the CyberTruck images years ago, I thought the design was a joke, but when I discovered it was the real deal, I grew to like it, although not a vehicle I need to own. :)

Regarding automation, Tesla’s business model accomplished it in a rather short period of time.
I'm a retiree that doesn't drive as much anymore so EV sounds about right for me. It'll be interesting what the actual price of the Cybertruck will be when it becomes available next year (2024).

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I keep seeing a Solo in the diamond lane going over 70 around here. Well just 2 times so far. That being with-in 15miles of the factory. But I see him in my hood too.( 3times) So it's private owned I assume.

My commute is never over 15miles from that factory. So that's not important.
I can believe that. SOLO is capable of speeds up to 80mph. And now it sells for 15.5k.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looking at the latest SEC filing from FUV (yesterday):

We have halted our production of vehicles and will require substantial additional funding to resume production, which may not be available to us on
acceptable terms, or at all, and, if not so available, we will be required to cease our operations and/or seek bankruptcy protection

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The other quotes that seem to matter here are:

Kat Harris
That part is under full disclosure of worst case scenario. They are NOT shutting down operations right now.

Sherri Jackson
As someone who spent many years drafting disclosure language for offering documents, this is pretty standard for risk factor disclosures. They must consider the worst case scenario and identify it as a potential risk factor.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Trolling? Why else would you post this taken out of context sentence from the risk statement related specifically to Arcimoto’s investment offering preliminary prospectus supplement? What’s your point? People read your out of context BS and think it’s fact and happening now. Misinformation! They have not halted production. However, investors beware…………it certainly could happen in the future.

1674059671598.jpeg

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The other quotes that seem to matter here are:

Kat Harris
That part is under full disclosure of worst case scenario. They are NOT shutting down operations right now.

Sherri Jackson
As someone who spent many years drafting disclosure language for offering documents, this is pretty standard for risk factor disclosures. They must consider the worst case scenario and identify it as a potential risk factor.
Risks Related to This Offering

These are the risks to the offering for the 4M shares of stock. One of the risks of buying this stock is this:
Sherri Jackson

This tells me that the company has halted production. Thus making no product. If I want to take the risk in investing in the company, they are up front in telling me so. Thus, I need to take the risk if I want to. Operations have not shut down (as is stated in the quoted phrase). Just production. As in the case of Elio Motors, they have not ceased operations either. Just furloughed everyone except for Paul and one other person just a mere 6 years ago.

I have spent many years dealing with startups and dealing with SEC filings. The verbage is quite interesting. In the end, the filings either come out way after when things are bad or way early when things are super good. This SEC filing is not worded good at all, except for the part where they have diluted the stock yet again because they are on the verge of running out of cash (the previous SEC filing indicated this). I suspect that they need to keep making payments on daily things (i.e. utilities, rent, lease, loans) thus decided that stopping production was the only thing left they could do until they can raise more cash through printing money (aka releasing more stock).

If she was an expert then she would have written it this way. " We may have to halt production and may have to acquire substantial funding to resume production ......" As the way I wrote it, it shows that they might have to halt production, not that they already did it. Hopefully they offer an updated one really soon as that kind of mistake is not doing the company any good.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Trolling? Why else would you post this taken out of context sentence from the risk statement related specifically to Arcimoto’s investment offering preliminary prospectus supplement? What’s your point? People read your out of context BS and think it’s fact and happening now. Misinformation! They have not halted production. However, investors beware…………it certainly could happen in the future.

View attachment 26321
That's a risk statement. If a compant has stopped production and you want to invest in it, then go ahead. This is how SEC filings work.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they have stopped producing, any current stock will still be sold I imagine. Not that that affects the investment trajectory.

What was thier mistake in all of this? Underpricing or over-estimating? or?

Top Bottom