• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Kidding You because.............?

Kidding me because how in the world can Arcimoto get something on the road so fast and Elio cannot. I mean that thing looks less safe than my Schwinn World DBX commuter bike, and they're going to raise money to start production faster than Elio. That makes me scratch my head

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Kidding me because how in the world can Arcimoto get something on the road so fast and Elio cannot. I mean that thing looks less safe than my Schwinn World DBX commuter bike, and they're going to raise money to start production faster than Elio. That makes me scratch my head
Thanks for the explanation. I've been following both "not-so-fast" Arcimoto and Elio Motors since 2008. Chip Stempeck, EM's Marketing VP, told me back in 2011 that I would be test driving an Elio very soon, but I'm still waiting. I scratched my head so often regarding the Elio and SRK my hair has thinned. It's a long process to get a new vehicle to market.

The SRK is production ready and with it's rave media and reservationist test drive reviews will be the safest motorcycle on the road. The SRK will be this 70 year old's first motorcycle purchase in 55 years as a licensed driver. It will be a fun way to go out and by that I mean daily commuting. :) I hope we both get our ride of choice.
IMG_8418.jpg

Last edited:

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember that Arcimoto is going for small scale production. They can do that with a much lower budget. Elio has always been shooting for large-scale production. That means he needs a LOT of cash up front. We've known that since the beginning. It's how he can plan on selling for a much lower price. If he went the way Arcimoto and Electra Meccanica were going, the Elio would probably cost $15-20k, and be a flop.

It will be interesting to see how much Arcimoto makes on the Reg A+ offering.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember that Arcimoto is going for small scale production. They can do that with a much lower budget. Elio has always been shooting for large-scale production. That means he needs a LOT of cash up front. We've known that since the beginning. It's how he can plan on selling for a much lower price. If he went the way Arcimoto and Electra Meccanica were going, the Elio would probably cost $15-20k, and be a flop.

It will be interesting to see how much Arcimoto makes on the Reg A+ offering.
Regardless of a new startups production numbers goal (start small and scale or initial full scale mass production) the R&D cost of successfully completing the all important production ready model milestone is similar:

Since 2015-16 EMV has spent $3Million+- of private funding on R&D, built 10 pre-production SOLOs, opened 2 Solo Stores, and has delivered 3 of 1000 Signature Series SOLOs. Off to a slow start, but a start, stating they will only build and deliver 'perfect' SOLOs and scale appropriately as they train added assembly teams.

Since 2008 Arcimoto has spent $10Million of private funding on R&D has built 3 preproduction SRKs, has acquired and set up production facilities, and is currently building the first Signature Series SRKs with ANTICIPATED delivery to early adopters by summer's end.

Since 2009 EM has spent $141Million+ of private, all-in reservationist, and Reg A+ funding on Marketing and R&D, has no test driveable validated prototype, and is still tweaking the engineering specs. I was told by Chip Stempeck, EM's VP of Marketing back in 2010-11 that things were moving at a frantic pace and I would be test driving an Elio soon. I believed that to be the case, but I'm still waiting. The Elio's final MSRP is yet to be determined.

Regardless of their plans for initial production numbers, I hope all three are successful in reaching whatever their production model may be and prove to be well received by a wide range of market demographics. I'm in the market to purchase all three of these three wheeler concepts. "GO Three Wheels!", Paul Elio

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope all three are successful in reaching whatever their production model may be and prove to be well received by a wide range of market demographics.

Good point. Elio doesn't have to the first to market, just the best. If Arcimoto is well received by the market it may put Elio on a fast track to production. The Elio is safer and cheaper.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All good points, Rickb. EM's pace is frustrating at times. It certainly seems like Arcimoto and Electra Meccanica are going full out. I, too, hope that all three make it into full production. More three-wheelers on the road is great for all of us.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If only Elio could win this weeks $700 million $ lottery! That would motivate! :p
I guess we should quickly band together and instead of 350 people signing a petition...
We 65,000 should buy ten tickets each and pledge to loan $376M to EM should any one of us win.
I'm going down with my ten bucks tomorrow afternoon. What about the rest of you slackers? This could be it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom