• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just wish that there was one close to test drive, If I lived where you do, then I would test drive one:D
I'm tryin to talk the A Team into looping up to CdA on their next easterly road trip. :) I may travel the 7.5 hours to Eugene when they announce the Signature Series reveal.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
November 2007...Arcimoto predates Elio by years...cranking out a handful of 3wheel SRK EVs a year is their model while reservation holders wait for years...a permanent condition... until Elon Musk wins with...wait for it...mass production and economies of scale. Arcimoto, Sondors and the rest of the handbuilt machines are on borrowed Tesla Time...Henry Ford brought mass production to the automobile and the handbuilt was history. Don't be a limited production sucker...learn from great grandpa & ma's Model T wisdom. Low production custom vehicles are for the advantage of manufacturers and collectors mainly! Everyone...across the spectrum... ultimately wins with Elio!

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Notice the article equates the Arcimoto to EV cars. It is not. It is a good bit of money for a limited use conveyance; and it is cool.
Not as limited use as the typical motocycle. The SRK comes standard with heated seats and heated handgrips along with optional enclosure panels and climate control. The SRK could be year around conveyance for many in certain climatic zones. I agree it is a 'cool' looking ride as proven by the photo below. :)

IMG_8571.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An approved NASDAQ listing for a new vehicle startup company with no product to sell apparently may be doable. We will know for certain by the end of this week. Perhaps EM will be announcing soon as well. Go three wheels!

IMG_8724.jpg

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
November 2007...Arcimoto predates Elio by years...cranking out a handful of 3wheel SRK EVs a year is their model while reservation holders wait for years...a permanent condition... until Elon Musk wins with...wait for it...mass production and economies of scale. Arcimoto, Sondors and the rest of the handbuilt machines are on borrowed Tesla Time...Henry Ford brought mass production to the automobile and the handbuilt was history. Don't be a limited production sucker...learn from great grandpa & ma's Model T wisdom. Low production custom vehicles are for the advantage of manufacturers and collectors mainly! Everyone...across the spectrum... ultimately wins with Elio!
If it's a good enough product, there will always be interests and eventually buyers. So it don't matter to people that are determined to buy what they like, limited or full production, the ultimate winner is WHO COULD BRING IT to market! Had the ELIO been introduced with a selling price of 10K FROM THE BEGINNING, would I have been interested?, of course! It's unique enough that it garnered my curiosity. But as you can see, ELIO can't win without the needed funding! Besides, once the consumers get a taste of your so called "limited production" vehicles, like I said, if they turned out to be a winner, then the manufacturer can easily rump it up to increase production. Nothing wrong with starting small in IMHO.;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom