• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just got an e-mail from Electra Meccanica - Release: Electra Meccanica Announces Corporate Letters of Intent and Order Book Amounts. As of Sept. 14, 2017. they received a total of 9 letters of intent from companies around the world (corporate orders)- 1 from Asia, 2 from Europe and 6 from North America. The combined corporate and retail orders amount to 19,845 SOLO and 24,202 TOFINO models totalling $1.604 billion in anticipated purchase price value. They are now expected that large scale production will begin at the end of the first half of 2018! Wow! Who ever said small scale won't work??? Now I hate to compare it to our ELIO, it's apples and oranges, EV vs ICE but had it made a difference if ELIO went small scale, sell a few and wait how the market react to it like EMV did? I guess we won't find out as both companies went to different business direction. Just MHO only.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arcimoto's SRK Production Timeline:

IMG_8733.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just got an e-mail from Electra Meccanica - Release: Electra Meccanica Announces Corporate Letters of Intent and Order Book Amounts. As of Sept. 14, 2017. they received a total of 9 letters of intent from companies around the world (corporate orders)- 1 from Asia, 2 from Europe and 6 from North America. The combined corporate and retail orders amount to 19,845 SOLO and 24,202 TOFINO models totalling $1.604 billion in anticipated purchase price value. They are now expected that large scale production will begin at the end of the first half of 2018! Wow! Who ever said small scale won't work??? Now I hate to compare it to our ELIO, it's apples and oranges, EV vs ICE but had it made a difference if ELIO went small scale, sell a few and wait how the market react to it like EMV did? I guess we won't find out as both companies went to different business direction. Just MHO only.

Regardless of whether a new vehicle startup's business model is start small and scale or start mass production right out the gate, the company has to have the ability to build and complete a fully tested validated prototype. Arcimoto ($10 Million) and Electra Meccanica ($3 Million +-) have both achieved that all important production milestone. The validated, test driveable, pre-production vehicle/vehicles will be the driving force needed to generate the additional VC funding needed to actually begin production........on any scale.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about all those videos of the Elio cruising the roads, going over a bridge, and driving in the snow. Why doesn't that count as their fully tested prototype?

Were those actual videos or computer generated? I thought the only real 'underpower' movement was with that other, non Elio, engine and basically in a parking lot: the front wheel drive axles etc., haven't even yet reached prototype stage since the development engine hasn't been out of the dyno lab. Please correct me if I am wrong. I think even the pedals are kluged.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Regardless of whether a new vehicle startup's business model is start small and scale or start mass production right out the gate, the company has to have the ability to build and complete a fully tested validated prototype. Arcimoto ($10 Million) and Electra Meccanica ($3 Million +-) have both achieved that all important production milestone. The validated, test driveable, pre-production vehicle/vehicles will be the driving force needed to generate the additional VC funding needed to actually begin production........on any scale.
...and the all important test drive!;)

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Were those actual videos or computer generated? I thought the only real 'underpower' movement was with that other, non Elio, engine and basically in a parking lot: the front wheel drive axles etc., haven't even yet reached prototype stage since the development engine hasn't been out of the dyno lab. Please correct me if I am wrong. I think even the pedals are kluged.

Here is E1C promo video that shows it on the road. The E1C was displayed with the IAV motor, so if they swapped in a Metro motor for the video, that would be very dirty pool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom