• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't help but note the SRK's comfortable upright sitting position and ear to ear grins on the faces of all test riders/drivers. It sits like my SUV and provides easy ingress/egress for 'old guys rule' drivers. It looks like one well engineered, refined, and solid built everyday electric on the cusp of production. Put some convertible hardshell enclosure panels on that bad boy and I'm ready to ride rain or shine! I'd like to park it in my garage next to my Elio to be used as my driveable range extender. The best of both affordable 3 wheelers.
IMG_9188.JPG

IMG_9154.JPG

Last edited:

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't help but note the SRK's comfortable upright sitting position and ear to ear grins on the faces of all test riders/drivers. It sits like my SUV and provides easy ingress/egress for 'old guys rule' drivers. It looks like one well engineered, refined, and solid built everyday electric on the cusp of production. Put some convertible hardshell enclosure panels on that bad boy and I'm ready to ride rain or shine! I'd like to park it in my garage next to my Elio to be used as my driveable range extender. The best of both affordable 3 wheelers.
View attachment 22144
View attachment 22145
Rick, I will make a deal with you! You test drive the SRK and I will check out the Sondors at the LA Auto show. Then report.Mean while, may be the Elio might get the loan that they so badly need. I might add that, that is my true wish. I will be 80 in 16 months and don’t feel that I have time to wait much longer. Not complaining just fact. I can remember when I wanted something, I just went out and bought. Now I have a dream and just hope that it comes to life!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Doug, You got a deal! I'm headed for the Arcimoto Manufacturing facilities tour and open house in November and taking a SRK for a spin. I will definitely report back for those with interest. I look forward to a review of your SONDORs experience. I agree on the Elio and thought I would have had many miles logged on my Elio by now. I'm to old to wait, but never to old to dream.

Last edited:

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Doug, You got a deal! I'm headed for the Arcimoto Manufacturing facilities tour and open house in November and taking a SRK for a spin. I will definitely report back to those that care. I look forward to a review of your SONDORs experience. I agree on the Elio and thought I would have had many miles logged on my Elio by now. I'm to old to wait, but never to old to dream.
:rockon:

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rick, I will make a deal with you! You test drive the SRK and I will check out the Sondors at the LA Auto show. Then report.Mean while, may be the Elio might get the loan that they so badly need. I might add that, that is my true wish. I will be 80 in 16 months and don’t feel that I have time to wait much longer. Not complaining just fact. I can remember when I wanted something, I just went out and bought. Now I have a dream and just hope that it comes to life!

Doug, You got a deal! I'm headed for the Arcimoto Manufacturing facilities tour and open house in November and taking a SRK for a spin. I will definitely report back to those that care. I look forward to a review of your SONDORs experience. I agree on the Elio and thought I would have had many miles logged on my Elio by now. I'm to old to wait, but never to old to dream.

Yea, us OLD FARTS are running out of time :eek:

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So Arcimoto has a factory lined up now, right? Lots of reservations, right? Couple of test mules running around doing shows, right? Listed on the stock market, right? Had a little IPO, right?

What's that other company that got right about there and then did nothing? :boink:

When is delivery #1?

Also, are they working on the helmet issue that still exists thanks to Elio's narrow definition of autocycle?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Delivery of #1 and #2 Signature Series SRKs in November. 50 Pilot SRKs and scaled production in 2018.

IMG_8728.jpg

Last edited:

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Also, are they working on the helmet issue that still exists thanks to Elio's narrow definition of autocycle?
So Elio gets the blame for Arcimoto's problems now, too? You should place the blame for this exactly where it belongs: On Arcimoto's shoulders.

Arcimoto made a conscious decision to design their vehicle with an open cabin and a steering bar, knowing full well that this would require the driver to have a motorcycle endorsement to legally drive it. This was pointed out to them, and they acknowledged the issue, then brushed it off. Since then, have they done *anything* at all to change this situation? No? Well, then I guess they pretty well screwed themselves, didn't they?

I'm rooting for them to be successful, as well as all the other three-wheeler companies out there. But they get to take responsibility for their own screw-ups, just like everyone else does.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Do I need to wear a helmet when driving an SRK?

Helmet laws vary by state, and a full-state-by-state analysis is pending. There will be no requirement for a helmet with the SRK in any state where helmets are not required for driving motorcycles. In addition, states like Oregon and California carry additional exemptions due to the enclosed form factor of the SRK."

https://www.arcimoto.com/faq/

Top Bottom