• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Multiple media outlets love the SRK. Test drive reviews are all positive validated by the ear to ear grin SRK test driver experiences. It is what it is...........a safer motorcycle. The only additional requirements of SRK owners will be a required motorcycle endorsement when licensing the vehicle in some States. Arcimoto States they will work to change that regulation in the States that need it after the SRK is on the road.

IMG_9235.jpg

Hawaii & Florida don't require helmets... great for Arcimoto...but everyone has a summer ;), ELIO convertible?! Arcimoto growth will be stifled with a 31 state strategy. What about Canada and Europe? They will follow our lead. Grow or die will eventually bite Arcimoto in the ass! How long before gruesome accident stories begin about helmeted Arcimoto drivers!

Manufacture or die trying is what will bite startups and reservation holders in the ass. Both companies have the ability to scale production to meet market demand after the first production run deliveries and proof of market acceptance. The SRK and/or the Elio are unavailable to date. My simple choice will be taking the first three wheeler commuter that offers to deliver, providing it checks most of my personal needs and wants boxes. When my personal three wheeler commuter dream becomes a reality, I will have the opportunity to assess it in real world driving situations to verify my personal assumptions. If it sucks, I'll compress it into a cube and use it as a garden sculpture.......a reminder of a decade of wasted time and money.

QUOTE="booboo, post: 190006, member: 6568"]I agree. If I want to feel the wind I'll ride a bike. A helmet in an open cockpit make no sense to me unless it's going F1 fast.[/QUOTE]

Open air rides on nice days, enclosure panels and climate control on the not so nice days. Sweet choices!

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Multiple media outlets love the SRK. Test drive reviews are all positive validated by the ear to ear grin SRK test driver experiences. It is what it is...........a safer motorcycle. The only additional requirements of SRK owners will be a required motorcycle endorsement when licensing the vehicle in some States. Arcimoto States they will work to change that regulation in the States that need it after the SRK is on the road.

View attachment 22161

Manufacture or die trying is what will bite startups and reservation holders in the ass. Both companies have the ability to scale production to meet market demand after the first production run deliveries and proof of market acceptance. The SRK and/or the Elio are unavailable to date. My simple choice will be taking the first three wheeler commuter that offers to deliver, providing it checks most of my personal needs and wants boxes. When my personal three wheeler commuter dream becomes a reality, I will have the opportunity to assess it in real world driving situations to verify my personal assumptions. If it sucks, I'll compress it into a cube and use it as a garden sculpture.......a reminder of a decade of wasted time and money.

QUOTE="booboo, post: 190006, member: 6568"]I agree. If I want to feel the wind I'll ride a bike. A helmet in an open cockpit make no sense to me unless it's going F1 fast.

Open air rides on nice days, enclosure panels and climate control on the not so nice days. Sweet choices![/QUOTE]

Arcimoto & Elio will be 'ear to ear grin' fun with the wind blowing in your (not mine) hair... only if you can lose the HELMET. I can accept the risk...but first the HELMET requirement (neck vulnerability in an enclosure) must go! And I would rather have front & side curtain air bags (like the ELIO has) as well.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why risk your life on anything less than an ELIO autocycle...a Harley Davidson is way safer than any other 3 wheeler besides ELIO! Only ELIO is safer than a Harley!!!
How in the world did you come up with that statement???? There's no real world stats for the ELIO yet to compare it to anything on 2, 3 or 4 wheels on the road today for obvious reason, it's still in it's dream state, got it?? :D Gezzz. And you're naive to think that "safer" makes you immune to accidents with or without a helmet, 'cause I've got news for you...you're not!

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How in the world did you come up with that statement???? There's no real world stats for the ELIO yet to compare it to anything on 2, 3 or 4 wheels on the road today for obvious reason, it's still in it's dream state, got it?? :D Gezzz. And you're naive to think that "safer" makes you immune to accidents with or without a helmet, 'cause I've got news for you...you're not!
The helmet is the primary danger in an enclosed vehicle. Which is why ELIO worked so hard, state by state, to eliminate the need for it. Why aren't helmets worn in 4 wheel vehicles? Not needed, not safe! Airbags & restraints are not compatible with helmets.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The helmet is one of the dangers in an enclosed vehicle. Which is why ELIO worked so hard, state by state, to eliminate the need for it. Why aren't helmets worn in 4 wheel vehicles? Not needed, not safe! Airbags & restraints are not compatible with helmets.
Hhmmm, I wonder why test drivers still wearing helmets??? :D

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hhmmm, I wonder why test drivers still wearing helmets??? :D
And ultimately, why aren't we all wearing helmets in our cars... all 50 states, maybe 49, have passed autocycle helmet exemption legislation specifically for the Elio...so they all recognized the difference between an autocycle and a motorcycle in safety design...read all the Momentums and Friday blogs and threads here by really knowledgeable people who are now just spectators. We're all just waiting to see what NASDAQ & the DOE decide and then...closure! :closed_2::amen:

Last edited:
Top Bottom