• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand EM’s motive for soliciting Federal involvement, which may bite Elio and Elio’s fan base in the butts. Frohnmayer would like a definition that covers all current and future ‘autocycles’. A novel ‘good for all’ philosophy that encourages and supports competition. I wonder if there is currently one motorcycle; subclassed autocycle registered and licensed in the USA? Regardless of Federal vehicle classifications the average driver will always view smaller autos, motorcycles, and/or autocycles as less safe.

How about this simple universal motorcycle subclass autocycle definition: a motorcycle classified vehicle that is partially (roll cage) or fully enclosed. The only reason for the autocycle subclass amendment to an individual State’s current motorcycle regulation was to waive the States motorcycle endorsement and helmet requirements for this emerging three wheeler vehicle concept.

Let the manufacturers offer the added safety options that may attract potential drivers and future owners to their brand/model.
Hey Rickb- I've never saw a (3 wheel)Morgan with a helmeted driver?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's the requirement if you own a Morgan.
1. Have a waxed handlebar mustache
2. Wear round wire rimmed glasses
3. Minimum age of 60
4. Have a leather bomber jacket
5. Wear a leather cap and goggles (like like you are flying a plane in WWI)
6. Know how to work on it because it'll break down
7. Preferably live in CT.

As for wearing helmets, I've never seen anyone do that and they are all over the place in CT. I was even at a race at Lime Rock and they have the Morgan Corral with about a hundred of just the 3 wheelers (and a bunch of 4 wheelers). Not one I have seen, wears a helmet. Same goes for the Vanderhall. Honestly, I don't think anyone cares or would even get pulled over.

Remember, the Morgan gets a special exemption for lots of items (3 and 4 wheelers). There's a law that allows for reproduction cars of ones made over 25 years ago. So this is why you can buy a brand new 1968 Camaro. It was a major win for the aftermarket industry. Morgan uses this because you can only sell a few hundred of each model each year. With Morgan being a niche of a niche of a niche, I doubt they sell more than 200 of them a year.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
3. Minimum age of 60

As for wearing helmets, I've never seen anyone do that and they are all over the place in CT. I was even at a race at Lime Rock and they have the Morgan Corral with about a hundred of just the 3 wheelers (and a bunch of 4 wheelers). Not one I have seen, wears a helmet. Same goes for the Vanderhall. Honestly, I don't think anyone cares or would even get pulled over.

Remember, the Morgan gets a special exemption for lots of items (3 and 4 wheelers). There's a law that allows for reproduction cars of ones made over 25 years ago. So this is why you can buy a brand new 1968 Camaro. It was a major win for the aftermarket industry. Morgan uses this because you can only sell a few hundred of each model each year. With Morgan being a niche of a niche of a niche, I doubt they sell more than 200 of them a year.
"Connecticut required anyone riding on a motorcycle, including any passenger, to wear an approved protective helmet until the law was repealed in 1976." https://www.cga.ct.gov/2010/rpt/2010-R-0465.htm

Morgan was forced to to take action concerning the NHTSA MC headlamp requirements a couple of years ago. Morgan has to comply with the requirements on all new three-wheeled Morgans. They were also forced to send a "recall and refit" offer to owners of Morgan three-wheelers that dated back to the "grandfather" date although the NHTSA is not forcing those owners affected to have their vehicles retro-fitted. I'm not sure what the "grandfather" date is. It's public record if anyone's interested in looking it up.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Out of at least 100 of them that I seen, no center light. My guess is that the owners uninstalled them or never got them installed to begin with. This was in 2017 when I seen them all.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Out of at least 100 of them that I seen, no center light. My guess is that the owners uninstalled them or never got them installed to begin with. This was in 2017 when I seen them all.
E2356047-5F30-43ED-A5BD-D7B93B8C7710.jpeg 5CCEA3B9-6651-4C47-8618-5F22642527D7.jpeg

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see that but maybe you need to go to a Morgan get together (especially at Lime Rock) and you'll see. Plus you'll the the stereotype of people that own them too (which are quite similar to any 50's or 60's English roadster owner).
Understandable. It's my understanding that the owners were not legally required to accept the recall/retro-fit and most declined the offer.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
E.M perhaps?????

Electra Meccanica Announces Collaboration with 7-Eleven Canada

Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. Frankly and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you are affiliated with this page and would like it removed please contact pressreleases@franklyinc.com

SOURCE Electra Meccanica Vehicles Corp.

Innovative electric vehicle maker will provide retail giant with cars to better serve its customers

VANCOUVER, Sept. 5, 2018 /PRNewswire/ - ElectraMeccanica Vehicles Corp. (NASDAQ: SOLO; SOLOW) ("Electra Meccanica" or the "Company"), a designer and manufacturer of electric vehicles, announced today that it will work with 7-Eleven, Inc., the world's largest convenience retailer, to take to the streets of Vancouver, British Columbia, with two of its all-electric, single-passenger SOLOs. The new-to-market, three-wheel electric vehicles will be used to promote 7-Eleven's delivery service, saving customers' time while helping the environment. This exciting new collaboration has the potential to expand in the future.

Electra_Meccanica_Vehicles_Corp__Electra_Meccanica_Announces_Col.jpg

"7-Eleven has more than 600 stores in Canada and more than 66,000 stores in 17 countries. The brand is widely recognized as an innovative leader in convenience retailing and as the convenient solution for people on the go. Coincidently, so is the SOLO," said Jerry Kroll, Chairman and CEO of Electra Meccanica. "At Electra Meccanica, we share the same values, and collaborating with 7-Eleven Canada makes perfect sense as our customer bases are very much alike. Being associated with a brand that is so embedded in today's culture and synonymous with quality, ease and enjoyment-- all in the name of serving its customers -- is a perfect way to demonstrate what we do well."

"Not only do these vehicles put our brand on the road in a fun, attention-getting package, they allow us to explore alternate transportation options to reduce our carbon footprint, minimize environmental impacts, and gain cost efficiencies that we can share with our customers," said Vice President and General Manager Doug Rosencrans, 7-Eleven Canada.

About Electra Meccanica Vehicles Corp.:
Electra Meccanica is a designer and manufacturer of electric vehicles. The Company builds the innovative, all-electric SOLO, a single passenger vehicle developed to revolutionize the way people commute, and is developing the Tofino, an elegant high-performance two seater electric roadster sports car. Both vehicles are designed for the ultimate driving experience while making your commute more efficient, cost-effective and environmentally friendly.

Intermeccanica, a subsidiary of Electra Meccanica, has successfully been building high-end specialty cars for 59 years. The Electra Meccanica family aims to deliver next generation affordable electric vehicles to the masses.

For more information, visit www.electrameccanica.com.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
forgot the scarf :-)

3. Minimum age of 60

Top Bottom