• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So Arcimoto will be in production then in 11 to 23 months from now. So that's what I was wanting to know. Just like with Elio, right now it's July, 18, 2020 for the first reservation holder but it'll be July 18, 2021 before I can walk into an Elio dealer and say, "Gimmie a blue one" then two days later one shows up at the dealer. In my mind, that's when you are really into production.
Mark Frohnmayer, Arcimoto CEO quote on the first retail production vehicles:
AAEA0C08-794A-4C3A-997F-52C0C4F7A1AE.jpeg

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So it's Q1 2019 for when I call them and say, "Gimmie a blue one" and it'll be at my door in a week. That's much better and good to see that they have got to the hard opening of their business (as opposed to the soft right now).

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Frohnmayer’s statement tells me that Q1 is when Arcimoto is going to call me and say “we invite you to officially order your FUV reservation #297, please select your color, options, and send a non-refundable deposit to lock in your order”.

Note: The realist in me says it’s anticipated and retail deliveries may delay a second time, but will deliver sooner or later. I feel that only because I test drove the FUV and toured the AMP. Scaled production is a reachable 10,000 units per year single shift pending market demand and proven acceptance of a three wheeler commuter.

Last edited:

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Email update from Arcimoto today, nice discounts if you live in Oregon! Hopefully other states follow suit:

We’ll have a major FUV reveal later this week, but first, if you’re interested in free money, saving the planet, and you live in the state of Oregon, do we have a story for you.

Thanks to the intrepid and forward-thinking lawmakers of the Oregon Legislative Assembly, three-wheeled battery electric vehicles now qualify for the Oregon Electric Vehicle Program. https://app.greenrope.com/c1.pl?76f76bb5643410935b91558c599a1cbbdd78768d23c981df

That means that all Oregonians now qualify for $2,500 off the purchase of an FUV. In a word, score!

But wait... There’s more!

If you’re a low or moderate income Oregonian, you can take an additional $2,500 off with the Charge Ahead rebate, for a total of $5,000 off in rebates. Throw in estimated gas savings and that’s an absolute steal.

To see if you quality, check out the Income Calculator here. https://www.deq.state.or.us/ocvrp

We’re working with state legislators around the country to add even more tax incentives for the FUV, and to remove any requirements for helmets or motorcycle endorsements. We’ll keep you abreast as we continue to make progress.

Until next time, this has been the Arcimoto newsletter, your semi-regular guide to EV legislation and human progress.

Onward,
Arcimoto

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like that the tax credit goes to something practical. I don't think Tesla buyers should have ever gotten a tax credit for buying a luxury toy. I think the Volt buyers should have though. Putting money towards actual transportation and helping a start up seems like a win win to me.

I imagine that Sam could benefit from this as well..

If the Arcimoto wasn't so tall I'd be tempted to get one. They are still struggling with design in my opinion. A little more car and a little less dune buggy would go a long way.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the Arcimoto wasn't so tall I'd be tempted to get one. They are still struggling with design in my opinion. A little more car and a little less dune buggy would go a long way.

Regarding the design, I believe Arcimoto is working on it. While it is tall it is not top heavy since the batteries and motors are mounted low, at least it did not feel that way on my rather spirited test drive. The roof is plexi and not actual glass so that helps keep the center of gravity down. I will be interested in seeing how their hard and soft sided options work, along with HVAC. According to their website, all production models will have heat and "full climate control" will be an option.

I am personally pretty torn on them right now. I gave up riding motorcycles a few years ago for the Miata. The FUV would pretty much serve the same purpose as my Miata, a commuter for when the weather is between 50 - 100+. When it rains or is too cold I just take our beater Mazda3. BUT... if the hard/soft sided doors are easily removable and the HVAC can comfortably extend that range then maybe I just get to be that weirdo with the FUV vs that weirdo with the hairdresser car? :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like that the tax credit goes to something practical. I don't think Tesla buyers should have ever gotten a tax credit for buying a luxury toy. I think the Volt buyers should have though. Putting money towards actual transportation and helping a start up seems like a win win to me.

I imagine that Sam could benefit from this as well..

Curious why height is an issue? The vehicle height is what I like! The seat is at about the same height as my SUV’s, so ingress/egress was effortless, high line of sight allowed for excellent visibility (to see and be seen for added safety), sitting position/seats extremely comfortable (my wife wanted to take one home), and the FUV hugged the ground during my test drive. I highly recommend test driving the Arcimoto if the tour team makes a stop in your neck of the woods. Arcimoto’s engineering team hit a home run with the Gen8 vehicle platform after a decade of swings and misses. Their R&D design and engineering struggle is over and they are now laser focused on the starting line to production and retail sales.
7FAB1100-6894-4798-A0C5-C4D943D81508.jpeg

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you have watched what companies like Arcimoto and Elio have done over the years, it's that they discovered that they need to raise the front roll center to get the stability as opposed to sticking on a monster sized ARB. The Silver Elio had way too much front roll in it and you could see it just with them driving it around the parking lot and it was proven with the front suspension geometry. Every three wheeler has went with a raised front roll center and thus the reason why you don't see them use a front strut suspension (which inherent has a low roll center). They just go with unequal length upper and lower control arms and make sure the top one is level with the ground plane.

In the end, the Arcimoto should be better than the Elio because of the 300 lb advantage and the bulk of the weight along the center line of the vehicle with not much weight in the greenhouse (since there's barely any).

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just don't like how it looks. It's too beach toy and not enough practical city commuter for me. Perhaps I'm not the target audience but I would rather drive a Sam or Elio to work. I could see the arcimoto more tooling around a zoo.

Top Bottom