• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Beefier look in Black with the lockable tailbox option. The retail production model looks refined, quality built, & ready to roll. The motorcycle required center headlight addition blends nicely and along with the amber headlamps and side fender lamps will be highly visible.
8A60C6D6-D1C5-4460-AA13-0EF54DB09993.jpeg
080258F2-C914-49A2-B6DB-DCC6F5D21908.jpeg

Last edited:

Lone Browncoat

Elio Fan
Reaction score
If I may be allowed to interject, why wait?
https://www.zelectricvehicle.com/overview

I don't work for ZEV, just wish I had the cash, blew $3000 cutting down a troublesome oak tree. So maybe next year, still not going to stop me from going to the Toronto Motorcycle Show on Feb 15-17. Have questions for manufacturers and importers but I definitely want to go electric/hybrid for the lower maintenance.
Apologies if I 'ruffled some feathers' of the Arcimoto boosters.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I may be allowed to interject, why wait?
https://www.zelectricvehicle.com/overview

I don't work for ZEV, just wish I had the cash, blew $3000 cutting down a troublesome oak tree. So maybe next year, still not going to stop me from going to the Toronto Motorcycle Show on Feb 15-17. Have questions for manufacturers and importers but I definitely want to go electric/hybrid for the lower maintenance.
Apologies if I 'ruffled some feathers' of the Arcimoto boosters.
Why wait? Because of the fun and utility factors, safety, full enclosure options, full climate control, and a list of additional options. I refuse to ride a 2 wheeler motorcycle based on safety factors alone. Many aging retired or about to retire motorcycle rider demographics could extend their love of riding time on the FUV. No ruffled feathers, it’s nice to have options. Drive what you like, like what you drive. If you haven’t, I suggest you test drive the Arcimoto before you make the comparison or buy either of the other motorcycles because you may find it’s worth the wait. :) The option I’d like to see in the future is a Tilting Motorworks assembly kit engineered specifically for the FUV.

2CD61D3C-1C2B-48AA-A484-F43C405825C2.jpeg

Last edited:

webartist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
M. Frohnmayer stated anticipated delivery of the current 3000+ Reservations by Q2 2020. Most reservationist FUVs are likely to be base model $11,900 or the anticipate optioned average price of $15K. We may see some reservationist base model 2019 Q3-4 deliveries after the initial Q2 2019 Evergreen Edition FUV deliveries.
View attachment 23284
I read it that way also but would be worried about potential early reservations in the first few hundred in 2019, if it occurs, and what price FUV would they be offered.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So all they are doing is calling the reservationists and telling them that if they buy the $20K version and put down $5K non refundable, then they get moved to the front of the line. So for the $12K people, they wait until they have all of the more expensive ones built. The more you spend, further up in line you get. If you don't have a reservation, then you will be waiting until July 2020 before you can buy one.

That's a good plan because the first of anything costs the most to build and this way they have more of a profit margin and it makes the numbers look much better from the onset.

Elio is doing the opposite and maybe they need to change their plan a bit and have the first 5K be the Special Paul Elio Signature Edition. This would be open to current non refundable that locked in at $7K. These will be opened out and top of the line models (with special added features that no other Elio would get) that would MSRP for $12K (only choice you get is the color). You put down $5K non refundable and then you pay $12,000 - $5000 - $1000 - (your bonus) = What you pay when you get the car. You are getting a $7K Elio with $5K in options and extras that will set you apart and make your Elio a collectors item down the road.

After that I would just run automatics and whoever orders one of them, gets put up in line. The base model with zero options becomes the last in line. That would help make the numbers look way better for Elio when it comes to initial production and thus investors would be more willing to pour money into the company.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So all they are doing is calling the reservationists and telling them that if they buy the $20K version and put down $5K non refundable, then they get moved to the front of the line. So for the $12K people, they wait until they have all of the more expensive ones built. The more you spend, further up in line you get. If you don't have a reservation, then you will be waiting until July 2020 before you can buy one.

That's a good plan because the first of anything costs the most to build and this way they have more of a profit margin and it makes the numbers look much better from the onset.

Elio is doing the opposite and maybe they need to change their plan a bit and have the first 5K be the Special Paul Elio Signature Edition. This would be open to current non refundable that locked in at $7K. These will be opened out and top of the line models (with special added features that no other Elio would get) that would MSRP for $12K (only choice you get is the color). You put down $5K non refundable and then you pay $12,000 - $5000 - $1000 - (your bonus) = What you pay when you get the car. You are getting a $7K Elio with $5K in options and extras that will set you apart and make your Elio a collectors item down the road.

After that I would just run automatics and whoever orders one of them, gets put up in line. The base model with zero options becomes the last in line. That would help make the numbers look way better for Elio when it comes to initial production and thus investors would be more willing to pour money into the company.
What they are saying is:
B88BFAF3-8F90-4718-B9F0-47049642E51D.jpeg

The AMP production scale process may happen in conjunction with the 100 Evergreen Edition builds and the $11,900 base model or a $15,000 optioned Series could deliver Q3-4 2019 with all current reservations to be delivered by Q2 2020. Arcimoto’s CEO is using the Tesla Model 3 production playbook. I don’t like it, but understand it and I admit to being short in the understanding department. Good advertising having more FUV’s out there in the hands of reservationists for the world wide market to see.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What they are saying is:
View attachment 23290
The AMP production scale process may happen in conjunction with the 100 Evergreen Edition builds and the $11,900 base model or a $15,000 optioned Series could deliver Q3-4 2019 with all current reservations to be delivered by Q2 2020. Arcimoto’s CEO is using the Tesla Model 3 production playbook. I don’t like it, but understand it and I admit to being short in the understanding department. Good advertising having more FUV’s out there in the hands of reservationists for the world wide market to see.
Looking at Arcimoto, they are lacking in the automation for the assemble line. So that means more labor costs and with the PWN not being at the lower end of it, they need to start producing something and that needs to be the highest profit items. What that does is offset the inefficiencies for a while and show that they could get more funding to go with more automation. On the other hand, if they don't get a flood of reservations coming in that hits their forecast to start going the other way the will run into an issue because they are bleeding money and that only lasts so long. Hopefully the general public is excited about the product as they are and some of the reservation holders. This is why getting to hard production as opposed to soft will tell the tale.

Top Bottom