• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

webartist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Well, according to this electrek article they are still eventually shooting for an $11,900 base price: https://electrek.co/2019/02/07/arcimoto-sales-fuv-electric-vehicle/

According to Arcimoto’s Founder and President Mark Frohnmayer:

“In 2007, we set out to build the world’s most affordable and efficient everyday electric vehicle that also happened to be insanely fun to drive. The FUV Evergreen Edition is the realization of that vision. With the FUV, you save money on gas, time on parking, and your daily commute is transformed into a pure electric joyride. Finally, a practical, American-made solution to the two greatest challenges facing the world today: global warming and getting groceries.

As we scale operations and drive down costs, we intend to introduce even more affordable variations until we hit our target base price of $11,900. The Evergreen epitomizes our commitment to an American-made everyday electric vehicle that is affordable for everyone. It is the FUV by which all other FUVs will be measured.”

I am assuming the "top of the line" Evergreen Edition would have the hard sided doors for that price, but I have not seen actual mention of what they mean when they said "removable doors". And the doors does not necessarily mean windows or full enclosure. I guess we will see!
Yea, this article and the $11,900 reference is confusing. I think the $11,900 comment is a mistake in the article.

I am in Georgia and have a 2K+ reservation number so I don't see a FUV for me until next year. However, if my reservation number were to come up and the ~ $2K model is all they offer than am I out of luck or would they keep me on a new list when lower priced configurations are available?

They cost for their options are a lot more that I thought they would be.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Arcimoto appears to be a fun recreational vehicle, and in my mind, an alternative to a high-end motorcycle.

I never foresee a $12K Arcimoto. I doubt whether the company can stay in business unless the price remains near $20K.

I do commend Arcimoto for reaching limited production!

Obviously a labor of love!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
3D1BE46A-265C-41B4-9E8A-068E6F731BD5.jpeg

4B041E88-FD3D-4BE3-BAA7-1EEC54F2828C.jpeg

Last edited:

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Arcimoto appears to be a fun recreational vehicle, and in my mind, an alternative to a high-end motorcycle.

I never foresee a $12K Arcimoto. I doubt whether the company can stay in business unless the price remains near $20K.

I do commend Arcimoto for reaching limited production!

Obviously a labor of love!

Mass production would get the price down but they'd need to change it up. Sam can do it, Elio might, that Chinese truck can.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I predict that in about a year or two that Polaris will have their own FUV and it will be cheaper than the Arcimoto. It just seems like such an easy product for them to crank out without a problem. Top it off they have a built in dealer base along with service and they would build it in a plant in Iowa.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mass production would get the price down but they'd need to change it up. Sam can do it, Elio might, that Chinese truck can.
Scaled production and the lower base model msrp will happen following delivery of the 100 hand built fully optioned FUV Evergreen Editions.

SAM’s styling and engineering specs definitely niche market based on styling alone. Have you test driven the SAM and or the FUV? Also, would be wise to compare safety features along with performance and handling capabilities.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I predict that in about a year or two that Polaris will have their own FUV and it will be cheaper than the Arcimoto. It just seems like such an easy product for them to crank out without a problem. Top it off they have a built in dealer base along with service and they would build it in a plant in Iowa.
Perhaps Arcimoto and Polaris should partner! :)

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Polaris and John Deer have them now. ItsI just such a small niche that no one cares.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yea, this article and the $11,900 reference is confusing. I think the $11,900 comment is a mistake in the article.

I am in Georgia and have a 2K+ reservation number so I don't see a FUV for me until next year. However, if my reservation number were to come up and the ~ $2K model is all they offer than am I out of luck or would they keep me on a new list when lower priced configurations are available?

They cost for their options are a lot more that I thought they would be.
M. Frohnmayer stated anticipated delivery of the current 3000+ Reservations by Q2 2020. Most reservationist FUVs are likely to be base model $11,900 or the anticipate optioned average price of $15K. We may see some reservationist base model 2019 Q3-4 deliveries after the initial Q2 2019 Evergreen Edition FUV deliveries.
517896C9-3ECE-4264-98BA-0DC0DC88BCFE.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom