• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of drift trikes, a project on this year's to-do list is to build a gas or electric drift trike for fooling around the neighborhood. Powered since it is pretty flat around here. I am using the front half of a girl's 20" BMX bike and welding together a rear frame. Should be a hoot.

You gonna power the front wheel?

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You gonna power the front wheel?

I have toyed with the idea of powering the front with an electric hub motor and the rear live axle with a smaller electric motor. The front hub for general thrust and getting around the neighborhood and the rear motor to just break the rear free for drifting.

I will probably just go the easy route and only power the rear live axle. Harder to control but easier to build. We will see how the plans go.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMG_6332.JPG

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not a fan of that rear leg room...look how close his knees are to the seat and her. Looks like a fun idea, but not for me
This old geezer's eyes thinks it looks to be a more comfortable seat and sitting position than either the Elio or Solo. Penn is a BIG GUY and the driver's seat adjusts forward and back. I'd have to test drive all three to validate comfort, performance, handling, and FUNction. The fun part for me is the optional removable Hardshell enclosure panels on during the not so nice riding days and off for open riding during the perfect riding days.
IMG_6955.JPG

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This old geezer's eyes thinks it looks to be a more comfortable seat and sitting position than either the Elio or Solo. Penn is a BIG GUY and the driver's seat adjusts forward and back. I'd have to test drive all three to validate comfort, performance, handling, and FUNction. The fun part for me is the optional removable Hardshell enclosure panels on during the not so nice riding days and off for open riding during the perfect riding days.
View attachment 21214
01/31 Here's the latest newsletter from Arcimoto!

http://srkowners.com/Hitting_the_Throttle_in_2017.htm
It's a race to production - shall I say Arcimoto first, SOLO second then ELIO 3rd???

Top Bottom