• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The HVAC thing can just be a heat pump (which I bet was what they were looking at). Issue is, that would take the perfect 102 miles per charge lower. Then if you were on the highway that 33 miles would be really low. The windscreen will block the airflow and thus, make it hotter as opposed to riding a motorcycle. We make fans for a reason. For any of you are old, remember that cars without AC, you had those corner vents (i.e. what VW had). It directed air toward you.

If you live in an area that actually gets cold, you have another issue. You want heat. You could be the perfect person and keep it in a heated garage, plus wear a ski outfit then you are set for a while. Then again, you are having to go to extremes to make the product work all while you have a low tolerance for things like being really cold.

So, it seems like the company is suffering with a case of where the EV industry has moved on and the better right sized industry (e-bikes) have taken off. Main reason for that is the cost vs what you put up with. People can put up with a $2K e-bike as opposed to a $25K FUV. When the e bike needs help, you pedal it. I know this is not an option for old people but the younger ones with lots of money to spend, do.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Which might actually kill off the FUV.
I disagree. I can see it equipped with grenade launchers and machine guns. All while going through a war zone. The doorless idea from Mark was great as you don't need them because of the easy access in and out. Then after a day of fighting, the guys can blow off some steam by having fun in the FMV (Fun Military Vehicle). Boost morale by doing that.

Then Arcimoto can launch the FMV for civilian use. Think of it as an Electric Hummer. People will be all over that.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I disagree. I can see it equipped with grenade launchers and machine guns. All while going through a war zone. The doorless idea from Mark was great as you don't need them because of the easy access in and out. Then after a day of fighting, the guys can blow off some steam by having fun in the FMV (Fun Military Vehicle). Boost morale by doing that.

Then Arcimoto can launch the FMV for civilian use. Think of it as an Electric Hummer. People will be all over that.
On the contrary, grenade launchers and machine guns are still a hit and miss outdated weapons. The future are FMVs equipped with LASER GUIDED, fire and forget missiles or mini tomahawk missiles. :eyebrows::rockon:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Which might actually kill off the FUV.
The way it typically works for US companies is this simply opens a new venue with the current hardware tech. But then they do development in those military products. Typically they don't close the consumer venue, but it does sometimes plateau on the consumer venue for 6months or more. But it comes roaring back as those new developments work new tech back into the consumer venue.

They want to keep both venues because one supports the other in both sales and for the fact that consumer and military are usually in different sales cycles.

I did work for Boeing for 9 years, and these issues are always very much considered when a company has both in play.

The one time military interests can kill the consumer side is if criticle tech for a product is of a national security concern. I don't think Arcimoto is 100% dependent on that level of tech right now for the consumer side.

Liquid piston has this military contracting going on for thier engine, and haven't closed out thier desire to continue a consumer venue.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The way it typically works for US companies is this simply opens a new venue with the current hardware tech. But then they do development in those military products. Typically they don't close the consumer venue, but it does sometimes plateau on the consumer venue for 6months or more. But it comes roaring back as those new developments work new tech back into the consumer venue.

They want to keep both venues because one supports the other in both sales and for the fact that consumer and military are usually in different sales cycles.

I did work for Boeing for 9 years, and these issues are always very much considered when a company has both in play.

The one time military interests can kill the consumer side is if criticle tech for a product is of a national security concern. I don't think Arcimoto is 100% dependent on that level of tech right now for the consumer side.

Liquid piston has this military contracting going on for thier engine, and haven't closed out thier desire to continue a consumer venue.
Now they can work with Liquid Piston. With the tech that Arcimoto has developed for an EV and the Liquid Piston being another great product, I can see them making a Liquid Piston Hybrid using proprietary EV tech and then using NxU for the batteries (the best batteries out there) and that's where the CEO of Arcimoto came from. Then mix that with a solar panel and I can see a 2000 mile range hybrid. With charging the goverment $500K per unit, that means they could just sell the consumer grade for $20K. Looks like every is a winner in this scenario. Plus an optional $10K option for those Lasers.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Liquid piston has this military contracting going on for thier engine, and haven't closed out their desire to continue a consumer venue.

Liquid piston has this military contracting going on for thier engine, and haven't closed out their desire to continue scamming investors.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Liquid piston has this military contracting going on for thier engine, and haven't closed out their desire to continue scamming investors.
I seen this company at a trade show about 10 years ago. They are stuck in some sort of time warp where they keep pushing the same exact thing over and over again. The problem is that 10-20 years ago they might have had a chance but the world past them by. If you think Liquid piston is a scam, then look into Freedom Motors. They are the masters of bilking people for money. They too have the best rotary that was ever invented, yet, no sales. If you really want to see something even better than that, just look up Moller International. Same guy owns both. When one scam didn't work, just make another. Thus why Freedom Motors happened.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This latest thing with Arcimoto has bilking the US taxpayers written all over it. So, you take a tactical gear company and a struggling EV company and mix the two together. What could go wrong? Arcimoto has a sub par battery and charging system. The current CEO was working for a failed EV pickup company, thus left to be a consultant and then on the BoD for Arcimoto. Atlis rebranded themselves as NxU which is to have some mysterious battery tech. Current CEO of Arcimoto was in the Navy and worked for Tesla (yet seems to never mention Atlis). This tactical gear company has someone else from the Navy. Both are veterans. Thus getting funding works out better.

Now, a tactical gear company will be providing technology for hybrid and EV's to the military for a cool $6.9M. Thus, they chose Arcimoto. I don't know if that company would be number one on my list. I'd think companies that have dedicated engineering firms that have knowledge about this. For example, Tesla would be tops on my list. Maybe Porsche, McLaren or even Roush. All of them have hundreds of engineers working on things like this. Yet Arcimoto seems to have the secret sauce?

My guess is this. Its all about billable hours to get more money. Then to get the stock price up because it looks good that you might get that big military contract. It's just like when companies announce they applied for the ATVM loan. We beat that dead horse into the ground here for years.

In addition to this, MATBOK has teamed up with this engine company. It looks great as there is no real working prototype they show, all CAD. So, it must work. Maybe this would be a better solution for the FUV Hybrid.

Enjoy: https://astronaerospace.com/

Last edited:
Top Bottom