• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You Completely Happy With The Design Of Elio?

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As it just so happens, I just got a link to the AllState Blog, where the guy covers this exact same question:

Gas Tanks: Why Aren’t All Fuel Doors on the Same Side?
Very good question.

Before the Elio made it's appearence I agree that all fuel should be on the same side. I prefer it it be on the Driver's side so can be seen upon entering and exiting from a vehicle.

But when it comes to the Elio, having the fuel door on the right side makes sense since the right side of the vehicle is solid in that the door does not open.

This way the Members that want to turn the Elio into Pizza Delivery Vehicle can modify the rear panel to include a excess door...;)

eliio21783

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I have harped on this before.

Fuel filler needs to be on the drivers side. Thank you.

Other than that, there is nothing I can really pick at. I juat hate pulling up to the wrong side of the fuel pump.

Off topic question.
Is it appropriate to laugh after your wife flips her car down a hill off the side of the interstate and afterwards, in the back of the ambulance, procceeds to ask the paramedics for a band-aid... for the scratch on her ankle...

I hope so, because I did. <3

For me as a female, it would be a safety concern for the fuel filler to be on the passenger's side. Currently I leave my purse in and lock all doors but the driver's door when I fuel up. This is a MAJOR concern for me!

eliio21783

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't remember owning a car that had the fuel door on the driver's side. My sprinter van does... But none of my cars. But then, I've only owned about 12 cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2 Suburbans, 2 Tahoes, a pickup truck, stepvan & cargo truck, all have the fill pipe on the driver's side.

Top Bottom