• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You Completely Happy With The Design Of Elio?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For me as a female, it would be a safety concern for the fuel filler to be on the passenger's side. Currently I leave my purse in and lock all doors but the driver's door when I fuel up. This is a MAJOR concern for me!
Time to simply initiate a slightly different procedure...?

McBrew

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, I'll bite.
What would be the point?
You're still walking the ten extra steps around the car to, and around the car back to, the pump anyway.
It seems there are a lot of people who can't remember which side of the car the gas tank is on. They probably open the trunk half the time when they go to check the oil, too! Heehee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
PT cruiser gas door on the passenger side. My biggest pain, I have a '75 Chevy one ton flat bed with a hoist, 2 saddle tanks, in order to fill either one I have to lift the bed (and prop it up) better fill up before I load it. the funny thing is a previous owner put locking gas caps on both tanks. Really? You can't get to either gas cap without lifting the bed, I think they'll find an easier rig to steal gas from.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
PT cruiser gas door on the passenger side. My biggest pain, I have a '75 Chevy one ton flat bed with a hoist, 2 saddle tanks, in order to fill either one I have to lift the bed (and prop it up) better fill up before I load it. the funny thing is a previous owner put locking gas caps on both tanks. Really? You can't get to either gas cap without lifting the bed, I think they'll find an easier rig to steal gas from.
Different keys too?

DikiJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My last three cars have been Ford Taurus and they a had fill cap on passenger side. I hate it. I go to pull into slot and someone always pulls in from the other side. If I try to back in, worse, someone pulls in before I can get in. Fight breaks out. I have to hurt someone. Cops come. Lawyer gets richer. Bah. I'd rather have the cap on the driver side. (LOL, no fight , no cops. no one hurt. just a joke).

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
'04 Mustang.
I've never noticed a problem with it being on the passenger side.
Other than McBrew's observation, I'm just not getting this discussion what-so-ever. :confused:

In fact, those who have a filler cap on the drivers side: Convince me that you've never...
Pulled up too close to the pump and either bumped the driver's door on the steel guard post...
Or... had difficulty squeezing out the driver's door because you couldn't open it completely.

Last edited:
Top Bottom