• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You Completely Happy With The Design Of Elio?

Texconsin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Completely happy? Yes.

Would I like a "normal" instrument panel and gas filler on the left? Also yes. :D
I'll take the gas filler on the right. I buy gas at Costco and the left filler door cars are backed up like ladies' rooms at a football game. The right filler door cars are like the mens' line.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll take the gas filler on the right. I buy gas at Costco and the left filler door cars are backed up like ladies' rooms at a football game. The right filler door cars are like the mens' line.
What, people don't know how to pull around and use both sides of a pump island? :confused2: At Sam's where it's technically "one way", I just back into an open spot if the filler is on the wrong side. The blue-vested minions leave me alone.

Funny you say that about lines, my two "manly" vehicles - loud red sports car and very large truck - have the filler on the left, while my delicate little two-seat flower of a Honda Insight has the filler on the right. Curious.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
And the Elio is so wide; the hose would never reach the other side if you pulled up to the pump on the left. NOT!!:doh:

How wide is the main body? 32" wide; so you would grab the hose, walk behind your Elio, up to the filler on the right side and put the nozzle in.
No big deal. All fuel pumps have enough hose to reach the other side of your vehicle.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And the Elio is so wide; the hose would never reach the other side if you pulled up to the pump on the left. NOT!!:doh:

How wide is the main body? 32" wide; so you would grab the hose, walk behind your Elio, up to the filler on the right side and put the nozzle in.
No big deal. All fuel pumps have enough hose to reach the other side of your vehicle.

My Jaguar had two tanks with each being filled from opposite sides. I did not fill one side, drive to a different pump and fill the other side. I did exactly what Coss said, I pulled the hose to the other side being sure to not drag it across the trunk.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Embarrassing:

Owning several vehicles that have the filler tubes on opposite sides and pulling up to the pump with the wrong side..

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Someone always has to bitch about something. It's a human trait. Let the whining continue. It is quite amusing.
winecheese.jpg

Top Bottom