• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You Completely Happy With The Design Of Elio?

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have filled left and filled right and even filled rear, but I have never filled scared. I hope you can find peaceful well lit fueling stations, regardless of vehicle fill location.

I feel plenty safe pumping gas....I can shoot back :D

Plus with the gas cap on the right, you won't have to worry about getting to close to the pumps to get out, or hit the door in the island protector.
Just write yourself a note on the dash that says "Gas cap on other side Dummy!" so you don't look bad pulling up to the pump. :becky:

I already pull up to the pump.... right side to fill NO learning curve :D

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am happy with the design for the most part. Nothing is ever perfect and we all have different perceptions on how we look at things. I'd like a dash that resembled a space ship with LED's everywhere. I will make my own refinements as will others. Overall, I just want to take delivery of my Elio so that I can start the process.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I true wish my texting was hands free. My car will pipe this text-to-speech at me, but will not take my dictation. Anybody have that right now? My only option is by voice command "Return Call". I'd rather dictate back. I'm sure someday that will be universal.
This capability is already built into Android phones, and probably iDevices, too. Google Now uses the "OK Google" command to get the phone's attention, then whatever you want it to do. "OK Google", send a message to [name]". You may have to make some setting adjustments to enable the voice recognition in the various scenarios you want it. Various phone manufacturers may also have additional methods of handling it.

NOLIKEIT

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tostart with, I have never once hit my door on the gas pump.

With the filler cap on the driver side, I can pump gas 13 seconds quicker in my honda than my ford(not including when I pull up to the wrong side in the ford...)

Multiply that over the life of the vehicle and you get a huge chunk of time saved.

In no world is walking around to the passenger side to fill the car quicker, safer or more convenient than if it's on the driver side.
No argument can be made against this statement.(logical, that is)

In conclusion, the decision to put the fuel filler on the least efficient side of this hyper efficient vehicle is illogical... <3

Join me in the fight against counter productivity!!!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

With the filler cap on the driver side, I can pump gas 13 seconds quicker in my honda than my ford(not including when I pull up to the wrong side in the ford...)

Multiply that over the life of the vehicle and you get a huge chunk of time saved.

In no world is walking around to the passenger side to fill the car quicker, safer or more convenient than if it's on the driver side.

In conclusion, the decision to put the fuel filler on the least efficient side of this hyper efficient vehicle is illogical... <3

"Join me in the fight against counter productivity" NO! Not going to happen. It is what it is.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Elio claims that putting the filler on the right hand side saves $10 per unit.
Now multiply that times the number of reservationists and you have saved over $500,000.
Multiply it times the anticipated yearly production run and you have $2.5 million.
Makes a Hell of a lot of sense to me.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I don't know about you but I'm only limited to how long the gas pump HOSE is period! So left or right does not matter to me and I get it faster at COSTCO where I go which line is the shortest, left or right! :D

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score

It's rather too late for any serious thought of changing it. Never too late to complain therefore affecting year two. You will need to bring it up in the right venue. Probably not here, we're mostly wishing to just get one, not rework the mouse trap.

John-b-gone

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Go/get over it (the Elio that is) :D

Top Bottom