• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You Guys All Kidding?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The economics of small scale production and large scale production is entirely different. Small scale production erases the benefits of economy that large scale production provides. It really is all or nothing. Unfortunately, it's looking more like nothing at the moment.

I know they are hoping that offering crypto would capitalize on the boom associated with bitcoin to finance the startup. But all the cryptos are in a bubble that has been a part of free market capitalism from it's inception. Unwarranted demand for a product whose only value is future demand. It is the very definition of a pyramid scheme. At least until politicians redefine Pyramid schemes to exclude actual pyramid schemes.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The economics of small scale production and large scale production is entirely different. Small scale production erases the benefits of economy that large scale production provides. It really is all or nothing. Unfortunately, it's looking more like nothing at the moment.

I know they are hoping that offering crypto would capitalize on the boom associated with bitcoin to finance the startup. But all the cryptos are in a bubble that has been a part of free market capitalism from it's inception. Unwarranted demand for a product whose only value is future demand. It is the very definition of a pyramid scheme. At least until politicians redefine Pyramid schemes to exclude actual pyramid schemes.
The economics issue and high risk gamble for the venture capital market of a new vehicle manufacturer start up’s mission of initial large scale production is UNPROVEN acceptance and demand for an enclosed three wheeler commuter. The other issue is when offering a single model auto or motorcycle to an unproven potential market demographic is that it’s the sole source of sales revenue. Even Harley Davidson offers 7-8 different models including 2 trikes to appeal to all kinds of riders in production of their annual 250,000+- unit sales. Arcimoto’s and Electra Meccanica’s start small and scale production to meet ‘actual’ demand may be most realistic. I plan to have the most fun I’ve had driving any vehicle after taking delivery of one of those EVs while waiting on Elio over the next 2-3 years.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The economics issue and high risk gamble for the venture capital market of a new vehicle manufacturer start up’s mission of initial large scale production is UNPROVEN acceptance and demand for an enclosed three wheeler commuter. The other issue is when offering a single model auto or motorcycle to an unproven potential market demographic is that it’s the sole source of sales revenue. Even Harley Davidson offers 7-8 different models including 2 trikes to appeal to all kinds of riders in production of their annual 250,000+- unit sales. Arcimoto’s and Electra Meccanica’s start small and scale production to meet ‘actual’ demand may be most realistic. I plan to have the most fun I’ve had driving any vehicle after taking delivery of one of those EVs while waiting on Elio over the next 2-3 years.
If you want an Elio as a $25,000 toy, then small scale production might work. If you want it as an efficient tool for transportation, then it wouldn't.

I happen to fall in the latter camp while understanding that not all purchasers do.

It remains, as it always has been, a risky venture.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you want an Elio as a $25,000 toy, then small scale production might work. If you want it as an efficient tool for transportation, then it wouldn't.

I happen to fall in the latter camp while understanding that not all purchasers do.

It remains, as it always has been, a risky venture.

It appears that a couple of other three wheeler startups have sold their affordable ($15K or under), fun, and extremely efficient commuter tools to paying customers using the start small and scale production business model. Elio........coulda, shoulda, woulda, is really a moot point since there is no test driveable Elio prototype or final design and engineering specs from which to hand build or mass produce the Elio, or funding to do so. “Go three wheels” Paul Elio. I’m planning to do just that in 2019 while continuing to hope and wait on Paul Elio’s production funding, build the 25 E’s, dedicate a couple of those E’s for test ride & drive events, and for Elon Musk’s official announcement of production plans on the Tesla Model Y.

Last edited:

BillJ

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Personally I might call you a quitter or impatient. I do however respect your disappointment that they are still waiting for financing.
It is rude of you however to try to dash our hopes and dreams. Besides, who gave you the right to call us losers?
Remember, it's not over yet. Until Elio files for bankruptcy we haven't lost.

The car was supposed to have been built 4 years ago, so anyone who still thinks it will happen must be smoking some serious drugs.

BillJ

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
NO ONE WAS EVER PROMISED A VEHICLE :p

When I first put my deposit down they said they were shooting for 2016.... While it might not have been a "promise", it was a statement that would lead anyone to believe that it would probably happen around then, and if not it would most likely be a reasonable time around then. Why are you defending these charlatans? ?? ? It has been well over 5 years now, and we have NOTHING, and NO PROGRESS.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I first put my deposit down they said they were shooting for 2016.... While it might not have been a "promise", it was a statement that would lead anyone to believe that it would probably happen around then, and if not it would most likely be a reasonable time around then. Why are you defending these charlatans? ?? ? It has been well over 5 years now, and we have NOTHING, and NO PROGRESS. In my opinion it is a total Effing Fraud, plain and simple.
Did you read the terms when you put your money down? I did and I knew what I was getting into.

Top Bottom