• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You Within A 60 Mile Drive To A Pep Boys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm 130 miles from a PB and about the same from a proposed dealership. Looking at the pin map of registered "future owners", hopefully the demand will be there to start PB franchises in Western Illinois.
- I'm a newly registered "All IN" participant and very excited about getting my Elio one day.
I am about one hour away. If the Elio has synthetic oil that would be to our advantage. That would be maxim efficiency and ensured long life. That is what I am seeking with my Elio. Will it be an option to have it delivered new with synthetic oils? I noticed one read stating there will be a qualified Elio mechanic at each Pep Boys (Very good idea). I am in the process of changing from a I want in to I'm all in. I will go with Marshmallow (a white) to reflect the hot sun when it is parked outside.
Terrence

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is in fact ILLEGAL for companies to declare a warranty void because someone other than a factory authorized shop worked on it. That went fairly high up into the court system and laws have been made to reflect this.

I remember reading my Acura warranty,and it stated that the warranty could be maintained if you could provide proof that maintenance work/repairs were performed at the factory required intervals. I bought the car used, and thought the transferable 36 month warranty would be a blessing. I was requiring documentation from independent shops for every inspection item, adjustment and replacement they performed, making sure it conformed to the required schedule. I was never so happy as when it expired so that I could work on it myself or take it to a co-worker/mechanic.

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember reading my Acura warranty,and it stated that the warranty could be maintained if you could provide proof that maintenance work/repairs were performed at the factory required intervals. I bought the car used, and thought the transferable 36 month warranty would be a blessing. I was requiring documentation from independent shops for every inspection item, adjustment and replacement they performed, making sure it conformed to the required schedule. I was never so happy as when it expired so that I could work on it myself or take it to a co-worker/mechanic.
It would be very rare for any manufacturer to void your warranty simply because maintenance or other work was performed by a place other than an authorized repair center. Essentially, the manufacturer would have to prove in court that the reason for a failure was caused by the other shop having done the work. In most cases this would be impossible to do if there was indeed a defective part on the vehicle. This also goes for modifications: The manufacturer and the dealer can threaten to void your warranty, but they cannot unless the modification was proven to be the cause of the failure, if you're willing to go to court over the matter. Most consumers don't and all the rumors and idle threats have a chilling effect.
Where all this really comes in to play is if you require warranty work on the vehicle and want to get it repaired under the factory warranty, normally at no cost to you, you do have to return the vehicle to an authorized repair center. If you want to pay for the repairs you can bring it anywhere. In some cases, the manufacturer will reimburse you for repairs done elsewhere, but at that point they are not required to unless it was some very extreme circumstance.

I've got some stories...

Oh. I'm about 70 miles from pepboys. I plan to do all maintenance myself as I have on all my vehicles. I've never had a dealer even threaten to void a warranty, even on a fairly heavily modified F150 Lightning I once had. They already know I know.. ;)

Andy Shoup

Elio Fan
Reaction score

If you are not, how far are you and how far are you to an EM Showroom?
I'm not putting down PBs quality of service only lack of locations.
I'm only pushing my reasoning for having a reimbursement program from any shop anywhere for repairs not preventative maintenance.

Pep Boys Locations
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=pep boys near ohio&ie=UTF-8&ei=N2pmU5ezLI2KyASfjoKgCA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ

Go to showroom, then location.
http://www.eliomotors.com/
Looks like I'm facing 340 miles closest for both, they happen to be in the same city-SLC

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If it ever comes down to it, you can save yourself fifty miles by going here...

Pep Boys Ogden
4240 Riverdale Rd
Ogden, UT 84405
(801) 393-1200

pablotech1

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Pep Boys is a 20 minute drive away. I started doing all my own work on my car and my girlfriend's last year, amateur mechanic now to the point that I've done brakes, struts, alternator, full tune ups, etc... I think I'm gonna do it all myself, get a few extra HP on my Elio while I'm at it.

Shiny side up!

Top Bottom