• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You Within A 60 Mile Drive To A Pep Boys?

Are You Within A 60 Mile Drive To A Pep Boys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Even the sleepy town of Las Cruces has a Pep Boys - 3.5 miles from home
A mere village of only 100,000 people. Practically a ghost town.
I love to get a feel for different people's idea of what 'small town' is. According to Hollywierd anything under a million is pretty much uninhabited territory. My home TOWNSHIP is 2000 or so, and no we don't have a Pep Boys, but we wouldn't expect to either.

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have 4 Pep Boys within a 60 mile radius. 3 within a 25 mile radius. 1 within an 10 mile radius. I'm fortunate in regards to service. Got a feeling routine service will be easy to do yourself. Hopefully access to spark plugs will be convenient. I'm sure oil change will be easy. Hopefully there will be enough room in engine compartment to make changing alternators and sensors fairly easy. I guess brake pads and rotors will be basically same as other cars (I'm sure other auto repair services will also be able to do basic work on the Elio). Having access to the few proprietary parts (don't know what they will be) will be the issue with other repair services. Hopefully the initial statement, most parts are shelf parts, stays in place and getting most of the parts you need will be simple.

Last edited:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio states that it will set up a network of Elio Sores to insure the ultimate sales experience. When it's ONE price for all.........on the Elio and options.......the sales experience is simple. Buying the Elio.......could be set up on-line.......Virtual Elio Stores with your special order Elio delivered, prepped, and picked up at real Elio Service Centers. I feel excellence in 'customer service' to be far more important to control in house. I am eager to see their plan for markets without either Elio Stores or Pep Boys. A very important issue for me.........perhaps not so much for the DIY service owner.
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/commission-orientated-sales-marketing.394/

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A mere village of only 100,000 people. Practically a ghost town.
I love to get a feel for different people's idea of what 'small town' is. According to Hollywierd anything under a million is pretty much uninhabited territory. My home TOWNSHIP is 2000 or so, and no we don't have a Pep Boys, but we wouldn't expect to either.
Las Cruces may be 100K in population and the second largest city in New Mexico. That doesn't mean much because it is so isolated that it has not progressed much in the last few decades. In many ways the state and the city haven't changed much in the last 50 years. That's one of its attractions. Size doesn't always matter.

Top Bottom