• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

As Posted On Elio Motors Owners Association Page

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Joe Ballif with Brian Carver at South Park Mall
14 hrs
Went to see the Elio today in Charlotte with a friend from work. We had a great time talking to Austin, Pat and Jerome. Great people!
I heard a few new things (obviously everything is subject to change and nothing is firm or it would have been officially announced):
1) The $6,800 price tag is for a black car. The other colors may be an extra cost option.
2) The accent panels inside the doors will be extra cost options.
3) Seat fabric options will be black with some threads of the standard external colors.
4) The engine continues to be tested on the dynometer and the testing will take as long as it takes. If there are problems, they might have to do some small design changes to fix those problems and retest. None are anticipated, but it is hard to predict how long this process will take. ...but so far so good.
5) The head space in the backseat will be 4" higher than in the P4. It's a good thing because my head hit the ceiling in the back. I'm 5' 10".
6) The wheels may be 15" instead of 14"
7) When some celebrity in NYC drove the P4 he/she ran over a pot hole and destroyed the muffler. The exhaust pipe was repaired and muffler was left off.
8) The only thing that will be under the hood that is the same as in my picture is the radiator fan.

Numbers 1 and 5 are what caught my attention.

Edit: We have been told that all seven colors will be standard; colors other than black will not be an extra cost option.

Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Boy, that's depressing about the colors other than black being optional cost. Shades of Henry Ford! They've been advertising their seven colors for at least 10 months, with no suggestion of extra cost. It's been "pick your color, pick your tranny, and add options." Also, the color-matching body panels being an option is annoying. The prototype had them, and at one point we were told that body-matching panels were standard. So I kind of think that's an unfair switcheroo. They're clearly trying to meet the $6800 goal by offering slightly less value for the money. I'd rather see the price go up $100 and not have to mess around this way.

I still want to know where the 4" headroom is coming from!

Thanks for the update -- mostly it sounds on target and consistent with what we think we know already know.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Ekh, post: 71530, member: 988" Snipped: ]Boy, that's depressing about the colors other than black being optional cost. [/QUOTE]

1) The $6,800 price tag is for a black car. The other colors may be an extra cost option.

Kind of a: two steps fwd one step back approach.......will probably change before
actual production begins..............:(

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Joe Ballif with Brian Carver at South Park Mall
14 hrs
Went to see the Elio today in Charlotte with a friend from work. We had a great time talking to Austin, Pat and Jerome. Great people!
I heard a few new things (obviously everything is subject to change and nothing is firm or it would have been officially announced):
2) The accent panels inside the doors will be extra cost options.
3) Seat fabric options will be black with some threads of the standard external colors.
4) The engine continues to be tested on the dynometer and the testing will take as long as it takes. If there are problems, they might have to do some small design changes to fix those problems and retest. None are anticipated, but it is hard to predict how long this process will take. ...but so far so good.
5) The head space in the backseat will be 4" higher than in the P4. It's a good thing because my head hit the ceiling in the back. I'm 5' 10".
6) The wheels may be 15" instead of 14"
7) When some celebrity in NYC drove the P4 he/she ran over a pot hole and destroyed the muffler. The exhaust pipe was repaired and muffler was left off.
8) The only thing that will be under the hood that is the same as in my picture is the radiator fan.

Numbers 1 and 5 are what caught my attention.

Why not yellow if it could be an extra, extra cost option?
I sure hope they are wrong about the exterior colors. I do not want a black vehicle and another added expense is definitely not needed. :-) Z

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score

pinocchio.jpg

Top Bottom