• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Asked For My Deposit Back, Thanks To American Oil-denial

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’m “all in” for only $100, but knew it was a gamble, as the class name of the reservation made clear.

I’m a believer that this little vehicle could both be a success as well as a benefit to the environment.

Hope is dimming, while at the same time as a sneaking suspicion is growing that what started out as a sincere effort has worn down into a tired scam.

Why else are they still taking reservations?

I hate when the term Scam is thrown around so freely with no evidence.

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The series is available to view on both Youtube and Amazon, but only if you pay. I've linked both sites, just click on the names and it'll take you there.

I found it on Direct TV but it is a good thing that I was told about the Elio segment. I never would have watched beyond the first minute or so otherwise. The first segment consisted of a competition scored on several different things. 1. burning rubber to the point that the entire car is hidden by tire smoke. Scored of course on amount of smoke. 2. Driving like a complete nut, doughnuts and the like. 3. In order to be considered in the competition you have to destroy both rear tires. I shut it off when the driver was still going on a rim, the tire having been torn off completely. If that is the type of driving that appeals to the people who watch this show it won't sell many Elios. EDIT I watched the whole thing (through the Elio segment) and I guess you get extra points if your tires catch on fire. If you like to see machinery ruined this is your show. Now for the positives. The Elio shown is an orange one and it is beautiful! The clip starts around the 15 minute mark and is only a couple of minutes long but got me pumped!

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very true, build date, as stated is 2019, next year.
I'm All In for $1,000.00 and a rather low number, so I've been in the list for a long time.
It will be built, and I will have it, along with a lot of other people.
And I'm sure, once it's out, people will be beating a path to their door asking for one.
Once they find out there is a waiting list, the value will sky-rocket, and I'm guessing people will be willing to pay a lot more then list to own one.
That's when I get to gloat, smile, and say, "sorry, mine isn't for sale; have a nice day".
I actually put $100 down on a second all-in for just that reason. But I'll have to wait a while since I am under $1000 on each so no SIL.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hope is dimming? The last few weeks have been full of encouraging news. They confirmed there will be no more delays for one. 2019 is a done deal. I don't see how anyone can say they doubt it will be built.

As far far as demand, I'm not really sure. Honestly, as much as I hate to admit, of all the people I've shown the car to, via the Elio website, not many share my excitement. I think elios success will be more in the urban areas, everyone here in Iowa seems to like their trucks and SUVs. That said, once people start seeing elios in person, on the road, maybe their opinion will change. We are very high in motorcycle ownership, top 5 I believe.
As the gas prices continue to escalate, it's value as an AND vehicle will soar. Why choose when you can have BOTH? Most trips do not require a pick-up.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
People confuse intentionally selling something that they know can't work (Snake Oil) with everything else that disappoints them. This is, and always has been a risky start-up. But I see no evidence that it is, or ever has been, a scam. They always expected to produce this vehicle and still do.

Now the Elio-coin on the other hand...

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I found it on Direct TV but it is a good thing that I was told about the Elio segment. I never would have watched beyond the first minute or so otherwise. The first segment consisted of a competition scored on several different things. 1. burning rubber to the point that the entire car is hidden by tire smoke. Scored of course on amount of smoke. 2. Driving like a complete nut, doughnuts and the like. 3. In order to be considered in the competition you have to destroy both rear tires. I shut it off when the driver was still going on a rim, the tire having been torn off completely. If that is the type of driving that appeals to the people who watch this show it won't sell many Elios. EDIT I watched the whole thing (through the Elio segment) and I guess you get extra points if your tires catch on fire. If you like to see machinery ruined this is your show. Now for the positives. The Elio shown is an orange one and it is beautiful! The clip starts around the 15 minute mark and is only a couple of minutes long but got me pumped!
Well, the episode was called "Burning Rubber". What struck me about it, was the fact it was a new episode. Not 3-4 years old. Personally, I enjoy a good burn out, as long as I'm not paying for the tires. I am a TN redneck that grew up around hot rods and showing what they can do.......even if its stupid funny. I'm glad you got to see the clip and was pumped up about it in the end. At this point, any exposure is a good thing.

Top Bottom