1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Asked For My Deposit Back, Thanks To American Oil-denial

Discussion in 'Elio Reservations' started by JCar, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Coss

Coss Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It's looking a lot better lately, hang in there.
    I'm in that same group ($1,000 All In), with a little number.

2. Ty

Ty Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    I agree. But, let me add one caveat. I don't think the future of solar is in huge farms for the reasons you point out. Putting solar on roofs of existing structures has the benefit of putting the power close to where it's used. Add some sort of local storage for either individual houses (Tesla Power Walls) or communities to lower the transmission costs and solar could make a bigger dent. I know solar won't supply 100% of our power but I DO see a future where electric companies become more manager than supplier.

ehwatt likes this.
  3. dienel

dienel New Member

I’m “all in” for only $100, but knew it was a gamble, as the class name of the reservation made clear.

I’m a believer that this little vehicle could both be a success as well as a benefit to the environment.

Hope is dimming, while at the same time as a sneaking suspicion is growing that what started out as a sincere effort has worn down into a tired scam.

Why else are they still taking reservations?

4. gottemfeathers

gottemfeathers Elio Addict

It's simple, they are still taking reservations because the expect to build the Elio.

5. Coss

Very true, build date, as stated is 2019, next year.
    I'm All In for $1,000.00 and a rather low number, so I've been in the list for a long time.
    It will be built, and I will have it, along with a lot of other people.
    And I'm sure, once it's out, people will be beating a path to their door asking for one.
    Once they find out there is a waiting list, the value will sky-rocket, and I'm guessing people will be willing to pay a lot more then list to own one.
    That's when I get to gloat, smile, and say, "sorry, mine isn't for sale; have a nice day".

6. PaulCPiper

PaulCPiper Elio Fan

Hope is dimming? The last few weeks have been full of encouraging news. They confirmed there will be no more delays for one. 2019 is a done deal. I don't see how anyone can say they doubt it will be built.

As far far as demand, I'm not really sure. Honestly, as much as I hate to admit, of all the people I've shown the car to, via the Elio website, not many share my excitement. I think elios success will be more in the urban areas, everyone here in Iowa seems to like their trucks and SUVs. That said, once people start seeing elios in person, on the road, maybe their opinion will change. We are very high in motorcycle ownership, top 5 I believe.

Coss likes this.
  7. Bamdalam

Bamdalam Elio Addict

I saw a TV show called "Rev'd Up" on Velocity Channel ,part of the Discovery Channel family, that had a short video about the Elio. They pronounced the name as "L"io, but still the first thing I've seen about Elio on TV in a long time. The episode was called "Burning Rubber" and shows the original air date as 5-5-18 (yes, I recorded it. :D). All hope is not lost IMHO, so everyone just hang in there. If you're able to find the episode on demand, the Elio spot is towards the end of the show.

8. Coss

I saw that episode, and yes, it was excellent; but alas, I didn't record it.
    So I hope your copy is good, if it is, I don't see a problem with posting it once you find it.
    Go hunt, and see what you turn up, we'll be here, and we'll make room for you, or at least a link to it.

9. PaulCPiper

PaulCPiper Elio Fan

Yes, please post it if possible, would love to see it. I'm a cord cutter since 2010, no velocity network here.

10. Rabrandt99

Rabrandt99 Elio Fan

Reservation #:
    The series is available to view on both Youtube and Amazon, but only if you pay. I've linked both sites, just click on the names and it'll take you there.

Bamdalam likes this.