1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Asked For My Deposit Back, Thanks To American Oil-denial

Discussion in 'Elio Reservations' started by JCar, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Neal

Neal Elio Addict

Reservation #:

I hate when the term Scam is thrown around so freely with no evidence.

ehwatt, Johnny Acree and larryboy like this.
  2. 84mpg

84mpg Elio Addict

Neal, I couldn't agree more with you.

Age of the internet and forums. People use to choose their words carefully back in the old days. Not any more….

Bamdalam, ehwatt, Neal and 1 other person like this.
  3. larryboy

larryboy Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    I found it on Direct TV but it is a good thing that I was told about the Elio segment. I never would have watched beyond the first minute or so otherwise. The first segment consisted of a competition scored on several different things. 1. burning rubber to the point that the entire car is hidden by tire smoke. Scored of course on amount of smoke. 2. Driving like a complete nut, doughnuts and the like. 3. In order to be considered in the competition you have to destroy both rear tires. I shut it off when the driver was still going on a rim, the tire having been torn off completely. If that is the type of driving that appeals to the people who watch this show it won't sell many Elios. EDIT I watched the whole thing (through the Elio segment) and I guess you get extra points if your tires catch on fire. If you like to see machinery ruined this is your show. Now for the positives. The Elio shown is an orange one and it is beautiful! The clip starts around the 15 minute mark and is only a couple of minutes long but got me pumped!

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  4. Marshall

Marshall Elio Addict

I actually put $100 down on a second all-in for just that reason. But I'll have to wait a while since I am under $1000 on each so no SIL.

5. Marshall

Marshall Elio Addict

As the gas prices continue to escalate, it's value as an AND vehicle will soar. Why choose when you can have BOTH? Most trips do not require a pick-up.

6. Marshall

Marshall Elio Addict

People confuse intentionally selling something that they know can't work (Snake Oil) with everything else that disappoints them. This is, and always has been a risky start-up. But I see no evidence that it is, or ever has been, a scam. They always expected to produce this vehicle and still do.

Now the Elio-coin on the other hand...

Neal, wizard of ahs and Bamdalam like this.
  7. Bamdalam

Bamdalam Elio Addict

Well, the episode was called "Burning Rubber". What struck me about it, was the fact it was a new episode. Not 3-4 years old. Personally, I enjoy a good burn out, as long as I'm not paying for the tires. I am a TN redneck that grew up around hot rods and showing what they can do.......even if its stupid funny. I'm glad you got to see the clip and was pumped up about it in the end. At this point, any exposure is a good thing.