• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Big Meeting In Shreveport Today Oct 13

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Commission president ticketed for switched plates, no insurance
  • Shon Gables, Gary Hines
  • Aug 30, 2017
Caddo Parish Commission President Steven Jackson has been ticketed for driving a vehicle with a switched license plate, no proof of insurance and failure to register the vehicle -- the second time this year he was cited for the same violations.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Favorite quotes from the meeting:

“I’m spending millions of dollars trying to make that happen and I have people throwing arrows at me and I don’t care about people throwing arrows at me. I care about the fact that it’s destructive to our efforts to make this facility successful.”

“You guys have become what I call a circular firing squad and it has not been helpful.”

And finally, Lichter said he has never felt “less supported” on any project than the GM plant in Shreveport.

Pretty much sums up the Caddo Parish experience for Elio Motors.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Even the title of the article is dead wrong.

Elio Motors wasn't even there.
Stu was not representing Elio Motors at the meetings Thursday.
He even corrected these bozos on the fact that he IS NOT the majority shareholder in EM.

And they still came up with that title. I suspect that it was intentional ignoring of the facts.
This station is totally out of control, It thinks it can slander anyone...
And it needs a good lawsuit to rein it in a bit.

Last edited:

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As Stuart’s comment suggests, that area has been starving for jobs so long that they’ve become self-destructive; instead of doing everything they can working at all levels of government to make the project succeed, they assume the worst and do whatever they can to sabotage the project to find some sort of release for their frustration. If Stuart were smarter, he’d put a couple million dollars into building or renovating a local community center to employ some people, show his good faith, and build good will; Paul could also show up, put his Starbucks down for a few hours, roll up his sleeves and help with the construction, building relationships with the community which Eli Motors desperately needs (politicians would be less inclined to attack EM if the community was on EM’s side). It would go a long way toward healing this rift.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The problem is that the Parish can't do anything to help Elio start production any sooner. Fact is, their lack of support isn't actually impacting anything. I think it's understandable that people are frustrated with Elio, and I'm not sure what else people expect. Elio needs to get their finances in order, and the Parish has done nothing that would affect it one way or the other.

They're beholden to their constituents, and the fact is the jobs aren't there, the timeline for jobs isn't there, and hopes and dreams don't put food on the table.

Just my $.02.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My opinion. I feel like Mr Lichter should have, and should be doing done more to help Elio along. Yes, he is Mr real estate, but if he is an Elio shareholder and has Pauls ear, he could be doing more. A wheeler dealer like Mr Lichter know about making deals and big money. I think if he put effort into it, production money would already be sitting in Elio's account. Also, he could have pushed Elio to move along quicker in order to start up the Shreveport operations.
He is a board member, why is he not pushing? Or, is he?

Top Bottom