• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Big Meeting In Shreveport Today Oct 13

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My opinion. I feel like Mr Lichter should have, and should be doing done more to help Elio along. Yes, he is Mr real estate, but if he is an Elio shareholder and has Pauls ear, he could be doing more. A wheeler dealer like Mr Lichter know about making deals and big money. I think if he put effort into it, production money would already be sitting in Elio's account. Also, he could have pushed Elio to move along quicker in order to start up the Shreveport operations.
He is a board member, why is he not pushing? Or, is he?
Additional funding offers no guarantees. EM had $16 Million in the bank as a result of their successful Reg A+ IPO. $12 Million of that was earmarked specifically for completing the 25 E Builds and validation testing. EM stated in their SEC filing, "that process will take 4-6 Months after the funds are in the bank". It didn't happen.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Additional funding offers no guarantees. EM had $16 Million in the bank as a result of their successful Reg A+ IPO. $12 Million of that was earmarked specifically for completing the 25 E Builds and validation testing. EM stated in their SEC filing, "that process will take 4-6 Months after the funds are in the bank". It didn't happen.
Is PE being a poor manager? Should someone else replace him and PE be manager in title only? Just a figure head?
On the other hand, how many people have experience at developing a new vehicle from scratch? Only a few people do and they work for the big auto companies.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is PE being a poor manager? Should someone else replace him and PE be manager in title only? Just a figure head?
On the other hand, how many people have experience at developing a new vehicle from scratch? Only a few people do and they work for the big auto companies.
I really like Paul, but his forte is not the big money. IMO, he is the CEO, Chief Engineering Officer. Expertise of management of a start up of this magnitude is a rarified quality. Obviously Paul does not get an A+ on this endeavor. The reason being, promises of production starts that did not happen in the past, and lack of funds to build momentum to production now.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-elio-b425995

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really like Paul, but his forte is not the big money. IMO, he is the CEO, Chief Engineering Officer. Expertise of management of a start up of this magnitude is a rarified quality. Obviously Paul does not get an A+ on this endeavor. The reason being, promises of production starts that did not happen in the past, and lack of funds to build momentum to production now.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-elio-b425995
I like your idea of PE being the Chief Engineering Officer. I do not believe engineers necessarily make good financial managers (I am an engineer also). For many years, the top person of GM has come from the finance department, not the engineering department. I can see why.

I believe it has come time for Paul to let go of the financial matters and stick to engineering.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like your idea of PE being the Chief Engineering Officer. I do not believe engineers necessarily make good financial managers (I am an engineer also). For many years, the top person of GM has come from the finance department, not the engineering department. I can see why.

I believe it has come time for Paul to let go of the financial matters and stick to engineering.
What is your professional engineering opinion of the Elio's engineering status since 2008? Better than the financials? EM has a high salaried CFO and is already contracting Millions for work to Paul Elio's engineering firm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom