• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Big Meeting In Shreveport Today Oct 13

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's getting down to the wire, I guess.

You bet it is. The next announcement will either be a successful listing on NASDAQ, which will lead to positive press and an IPO and likely full scale production, or bankruptcy and shutting down all operations. It will be one of those 2 extremes. It's the end of the line. They've burned through all their cash, Stu is all out of goodwill and patience, and Shreveport is lighting the fires under the stakes. The Elio Owners forums will soon become a place to celebrate or a place to moan and groan.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You bet it is. The next announcement will either be a successful listing on NASDAQ, which will lead to positive press and an IPO and likely full scale production, or bankruptcy and shutting down all operations. It will be one of those 2 extremes. It's the end of the line. They've burned through all their cash, Stu is all out of goodwill and patience, and Shreveport is lighting the fires under the stakes. The Elio Owners forums will soon become a place to celebrate or a place to moan and groan.

I hope you are right, and I think you may be right (for the sake of finality and closure), but there is yet another scenario: No NASDAQ but an attempt at a big sale of shares. I reckon it can't be an Initial Public Offering, tho. But I could be wrong. I could be wrong on another thing as well, but I'm betting that today will be a day of reckoning no matter what. This "Marshaling Center" push may be a dollar short and a day late; I think there will be a lot of attempted selling of stock, no matter what scenario plays out. It seems that only the people that envision themselves driving around in their Elios are the only people willing to take financial risks; big investors already in big cars, not so much.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope you are right, and I think you may be right (for the sake of finality and closure), but there is yet another scenario: No NASDAQ but an attempt at a big sale of shares. I reckon it can't be an Initial Public Offering, tho. But I could be wrong. I could be wrong on another thing as well, but I'm betting that today will be a day of reckoning no matter what. This "Marshaling Center" push may be a dollar short and a day late; I think there will be a lot of attempted selling of stock, no matter what scenario plays out. It seems that only the people that envision themselves driving around in their Elios are the only people willing to take financial risks; big investors already in big cars, not so much.
I don't get your "Marshaling push" statement. Shreveport was designated a marshalling center years ago and nothing has changed in that respect.

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMO, too much negativity around Elio, to make an IPO realistic, sad to say. There's even talk about calling in the FBI to investigate Elio. Too much of a downer to post the link here.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMO, too much negativity around Elio, to make an IPO realistic, sad to say. There's even talk about calling in the FBI to investigate Elio. Too much of a downer to post the link here.
EM already did their Reg A+ IPO funding round to generate funds specifically to complete the building and testing of the 25 prototypes, "a process that will take 4-6 months to complete".

Top Bottom