• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Cancelled - Texas Event - Texas State Fair 9/26 - 10/1/2014

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think EM know they can go to Dallas but just chose not too for hopes of more coverage. Anyway looking at the map a lot in Dallas are already signed up.

Roberto Benitez

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Oh come on Elio. Paper work--boohooo. Fill it out in time, get your act together and stop shafting Texas. I had canceled my plans to go when I found out they would not show the P4; but I am certain there were plenty who would go anyway. From the start, I got the impression that their effort to make it to the State Fair was perfunctory at best.

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am a bit puzzled that something didn't get worked out so EM could display at the Fair... Lots of exposure, and Dallas like Houston is spread out with lots of commuters... Prime targets I'm thinking... I have emailed EM about a Houston appearance, and got the I'm assuming standard email explaining what goes into their decision making process, and stating they'd like to get around to Houston again... They brought the silver prototype (P3?) to the Katy Mills Mall in 2013 and got a good write up in the Chronicle and some coverage on KHOU, but It seems to me they might be missing the mark. Yes, let me first say I have an ulterior motive wanting to see the P4 in person (without having to travel 1000 mi. :D) but I can add some logical reasons as well...
Houston is the 4th largest city in the U.S. The 5th largest metropolitan area. It has a booming economy with an increasing population... It is a sprawling community with millions of commuters traveling congested freeway/toll ways every day.
Houston and the surrounding area has numerous Festivals and events that would lend great exposure to the Elio...
Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo- Almost the same attendance as the State Fair last year (BTW... The counties surrounding Houston all have Fairs n' Rodeos this time of year, most with tens of thousands of attendees. Brazoria County where I live draws about 180K annually)
Wings over Houston Air Show (October)
Ballunar Balloon Festival in Clear Lake (NASA)
International Festival
Texas Renaissance Festival (6 weeks long, 600K plus attendance... Yeah, I know a Ren Fest doesn't really sound like a "Car" event but they have dedicated motorcycle parking out front and I think a lot more folks would see it than at a mall in CO...Since the Elio is a "motorcycle"...see where I'm headed ;))
Houston Auto Rama- Nov. 23-25 annual hot rod and bike show... would do very well here I'm thinking...
Houston Auto Show- Jan. 2015 The big boy manufacturer's show but hey no reason why EM couldn't fit in
Mardi Gras in Galveston
The list goes on and on... I'm sure there are plenty of venues that would get larger exposure than "Mall" events... However, if you're going to do a local or mall type event do a little advertising... For instance, hire some of the Houston Texans Cheerleaders to make an appearance with the Elio and do a little advertising on the radio...Voila! instant crowd... Yeah, I know it's commercial, but hey it works and they may come to get an autograph but they'll get hooked on the Elio once you get 'em there... Besides I'm sure all the local Houston Area "Elionauts" will do their part to help in spreading the word to the local press which will result in even more positive coverage and interest...
Finally, Houston is only 238 mi. from Shreveport.(Dallas is even closer) and currently has three Pep Boys stores in the Houston area... My idea is that the greater exposure you'd get will translate into more supporters/investors of the Elio.
Please don't get the idea that I'm suggesting no events for the smaller urban areas, I'm not, but I do think if you're trying to sell an ultra high efficiency commuter vehicle it's logical to focus on the most appropriate markets... IE; large urban cities with lots of freeway commuters and lacking a large mass transit system...
Ok, I'll shut up now... sorry 'bout the long post... Just couldn't seem to stop typing! :cool:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
simple fact, for whatever reason, they didn't choose to build but 1 P4 model .... with only one it can't possibly be in every location where its presence would be highly beneficial in helping generate interest and orders

Jim

tommy

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Those were some compelling questions posed by Gas 2 from EZ. I hope they will be answered in the days-weeks-months to come. But, if not it seems we will be relegated to be one of a flock with the hope that we are not heading toward the cliff. Hopefully that is not the case. Seeing as we trusted enough to gamble on our own accord. It is my opinion that we will have to make the best of the situation. What we may have here is a lot of time to pass before we will see a light. We all have our own ideas what EM needs to be doing but we can only state our opinions Thankfully we are part of a group that is in the same boat as we are and need to keep up the optimism or fall by the wayside. Thanks to all.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I WANT YELLOW

Funny you mentioned the Meyers Motors. They were to be built in my neck of the woods. They will not return my phone calls. I and my four year old grandson even visited the 'plant'. The boy tore their lobby up. Nothing. But, Elio has the backing. I am not worried.

Top Bottom