• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Cancelled - Texas Event - Texas State Fair 9/26 - 10/1/2014

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can you explain the references to the "P3", "P5", etc.? I don't know what that is? Thanks!
P = Prototype
There have been 4 of these, P1 through P4. There may be a P5, but it will not be a "public prototype," only being built for manufacturing measurements and other tests. (Unless Elio has changed its mind about this since June).

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While disappointed and I think a big opportunity was wasted, I no wa blame Elio.

Feeling sad this morning as the fair opens today and on the morningnews, they went live to a reporter reporting from the Auto pavilion. He was talking about thecars, sat in a new Corvette, and showed several new models of various cars. Couldn't help but think what if.....

Ronney Nanney

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Cancelled

9/26 - 10/1
Dallas, TX
Texas State Fair
This is a P3 ONLY Event

I will post more information as it becomes available. :) Z

This was the information i received from Robin Schrager,

"Reservation Holders, Friends and Followers of Elio,
Regrettably, Elio Motors is not participating in the Texas State Fair on Sept. 26-30. Texas has recently modified the permitting process required to display a vehicle in the state. Given Elio Motors did not receive notification of this new requirement until earlier this week, we are not able to secure the required approvals from the state in time to participate. Rest assured that going forward Elio Motors will continue to work with the State of Texas to ensure we can come back and show the Elio as soon as possible.
We apologize for the inconvenience this causes our customers who made travel plans to visit us at the Fair.

Patrick Power

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I wish I had been a member of these forums before yesterday :(

Attachments

• whereiselio.jpg
    whereiselio.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 468

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wish I had been a member of these forums before yesterday :(
Hi and welcome from Oregon, Patrick Power. I have to assume you are the gentleman Quick NE Ohio (Lilly Mae) mentioned. I am so sorry you did not know about the cancellation. We do try to keep our members informed as much as possible. So now that you are here, be sure to check out the events calendar often. Having lived in Austin, I am aware of how big Texas is, but if you are on either the west side of Texas or the east side, you might be able to go to one of the events in the future - namely the Albuquerque Balloon Festival or the mall event in New Orleans with a little bit of driving to get there. Also, I sincerely believe Elio will try to reschedule a Texas event sometime in the future. You obviously already have a reservation so I hope you will complete our Reservation Map & Survey in the Reservation forum. That will let goofyone add a marker on our map with your information. We love to see where our Elio family members are. I look forward to reading your thoughts, ideas and creativity as you explore the many threads on this site. It is a great place to pass the time as we move patiently or impatiently to Elio production and ownership. See you next year as we drive our new Elios. :-) Z

Patrick Power

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I found a shoulder to cry on :)
unhappyowners.JPG

Hi and welcome from Oregon, Patrick Power. I have to assume you are the gentleman Quick NE Ohio (Lilly Mae) mentioned. I am so sorry you did not know about the cancellation. We do try to keep our members informed as much as possible. So now that you are here, be sure to check out the events calendar often. Having lived in Austin, I am aware of how big Texas is, but if you are on either the west side of Texas or the east side, you might be able to go to one of the events in the future - namely the Albuquerque Balloon Festival or the mall event in New Orleans with a little bit of driving to get there. Also, I sincerely believe Elio will try to reschedule a Texas event sometime in the future. You obviously already have a reservation so I hope you will complete our Reservation Map & Survey in the Reservation forum. That will let goofyone add a marker on our map with your information. We love to see where our Elio family members are. I look forward to reading your thoughts, ideas and creativity as you explore the many threads on this site. It is a great place to pass the time as we move patiently or impatiently to Elio production and ownership. See you next year as we drive our new Elios. :) Z

Hi Z! Yes, Lilly pointed me to these forums (they are awesome). I appreciate the tips & will head to the Reservation Map pronto.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I found a shoulder to cry on :)
View attachment 2862

Hi Z! Yes, Lilly pointed me to these forums (they are awesome). I appreciate the tips & will head to the Reservation Map pronto.
Great. The information does not go directly to the map so it may be a day before your info appears. Goofyone has to manually transfer it. I'm glad you found someone to share the agony of disappointment with. As we have all found here, misery loves company. :p :rolleyes: :) Z

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with officials at the State Fair and they said Elio could still show the car with a waiver if they wanted. They said an auto manufacturer is supposed to have a manufacturing certificate to show ---Not trying to stir anything up. Just wanted the actual reason. I think with cooperation they could still exhibit. Yet, as mentioned, there could be a conflict of show dates
Looks like someone at EM, IS ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL, AND GETTING KINDA SLOPPY, based on what you are reporting here, tommy.

Hmmmm. . . . Think it may be time for some NEW confidence building info from the "top cheese" at EM. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom