• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Cancelled - Texas Event - Texas State Fair 9/26 - 10/1/2014

pohutukawa

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Lots of people complaining about the Texas State Fair event being a stinkin' P3 event.

Where is the complaining about the CANCELLING of the Texas State Fair event? I was actually going to go to the Texas State Fair for the first time ever, after living in DFW for 20 years.

tommy

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
9/18/14 Texas State Fair update and the news isn't good:

9/26 - 9/30
Dallas, TX
Texas State Fair
CANCELLED
Notification to be posted on Facebook in the TX, OK, LA Markets

I'm sorry to be barer of such bad news. Z
Let me get this straight. We won't be able to see anything at the
State Fair in Dallas????

tommy

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I think it would be a huge mistake not to take a car to the fair. That is a big event in Texas. Unbelievable!!!!!!!
Look at all the publicity it would get.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. We won't be able to see anything at the
State Fair in Dallas????
I can understand your dismay, but this is apparently explained on the EM Facebook page. Something to do with the State of Texas requiring certain permits and not letting EM know in time to submit them. They, EM, also have a full schedule before and after the time they were to spend there so could not go for a later date. I hope I have that straight. :-) Z

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Reservation Holders, Friends and Followers of Elio,

Regrettably, Elio Motors is not participating in the Texas State Fair on Sept. 26-30. Texas has recently modified the permitting process required to display a vehicle in the state. Given Elio Motors did not receive notification of this new requirement until earlier this week, we are not able to secure the required approvals from the state in time to participate. Rest assured that going forward Elio Motors will continue to work with the State of Texas to ensure we can come back and show the Elio as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes our customers who made travel plans to visit us at the Fair.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Reservation Holders, Friends and Followers of Elio,

Regrettably, Elio Motors is not participating in the Texas State Fair on Sept. 26-30. Texas has recently modified the permitting process required to display a vehicle in the state. Given Elio Motors did not receive notification of this new requirement until earlier this week, we are not able to secure the required approvals from the state in time to participate. Rest assured that going forward Elio Motors will continue to work with the State of Texas to ensure we can come back and show the Elio as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes our customers who made travel plans to visit us at the Fair.
Thanks for sharing that Charlie G. I am amazed at how much easier it is to read the green print. :-) Z

Top Bottom