• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Carl Icahn Want Pep Boys To Exit The Auto Repair Business!

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
AriLea, I like your post. Long standing members shouldn't have to take flack from anyone for stating personal honest assesments. We shouldn't all be expected to sing the same tune as Elio fans and supporters.................real trolls that pop in and out periodically........another issue.

For some reason the recent posts in this thread made me think of this....

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
".... when Icahn speaks, people listen?"

When Mr. Icahn decides to speak I'll be happy to listen.
When one of his "lieutenants" (unnamed) says some thing to a reporter, not so much.
When an annalist gives his opinion, even less.
When someone claims to quote without citing any reference, I turn my BS filters to maximum.

tim

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carl Icahn wants Pep Boys to exit the auto repair business!

Very interesting reading...

http://247wallst.com/services/2016/01/05/what-does-icahn-do-with-pep-boys/
I never felt that there was any truly viable agreement between Elio Motors & Pep Boys...

Now with Icahn purchasing Pep Boys...I assume Elio will have to shop for a new solution for warranty repair work...

This might be a major headwind...

Isn't that a shock, for years every time i went into a Pep Boys and would inquire about the "agreement" nobody knew anything, including managers. Is a good thing because they aren't actually my choice of mechanics except for tires and possibly oil changes if they remember to tighten the drain plugs or lug nuts (left loose on daughters car)

robert109

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks JEbar...I absolutely agree with your observations...

I'm sure Elio will solve the issue...

Reliable & trustworthy service is a must for any consumer product...especially automobiles, motorcycle, etc...

When I signed up as an "all in" for Elio, I was actually scared "shi***ss when I saw Pep Boys as the warranty /repair company. I have tried to use this company throughout the years and every time I tell myself I will NEVER go back. I have NEVER experienced such slow, poor, bad quality car repair service in my entire life of cars (40 years, 8 different cars). I really hope Elio reconsiders this agreement with Pep Boys. A great alternative I feel would be Tuffy's.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I signed up as an "all in" for Elio, I was actually scared "shi***ss when I saw Pep Boys as the warranty /repair company. I have tried to use this company throughout the years and every time I tell myself I will NEVER go back. I have NEVER experienced such slow, poor, bad quality car repair service in my entire life of cars (40 years, 8 different cars). I really hope Elio reconsiders this agreement with Pep Boys. A great alternative I feel would be Tuffy's.

Never heard of Tuffy's, and the only Pep Boy's near me is 4 hours away in Springfield, MO....not going to happen.

If the Elio takes off like I hope it does, Midas seems like a good fit. There's like 3x the number of Midas stores, all bay equipped [obviously], and the few times I've dealt with them they came off knowledgeable and competent enough to handle pretty much any problem short of an engine rebuild.

Kick Pep Boys to the curb and choose a dedicated "auto service center', Mr. Elio!

DavtdE

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Top Bottom