• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Carl Icahn Want Pep Boys To Exit The Auto Repair Business!

Aprilia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Opinion noted.
It is obvious you are looking for a "sure thing" with massive profit potential...My opinion,EM isn't it. The main reason he doesn't have "Sharks" beating down the door is, profit margins are not big enough. This is "by design." Huge profit margins only invites competition. You will probably be better off investing in other stocks.

Not that it matters but, a while back, I asked you if you have taken the opportunity to actually see, touch and sit in, either the P4 or P5?

I've had a $1,000 non-refunable deposit in place since fall of 2013...

I've viewed the P3 & P4...

I even had a chance to visit with Paul Elio at one of the closed events...

Low profit margin's are acceptable for established manufacturing enterprise's with no debt load...

High profit margin's are an absolute necessity for startups with huge existing debt loaded...

Approval of the ATVM loan most likely will hing on the abilty for Elio Motors to generated enough profit to pay the Feds back..."low margins" is not a phrase they want to hear...

A successful startup should always be mindful of the worst case scenario...and try to keep a boat load of cash on hand to weather unseen obstacle's...

Dream realistic...grow big!

I like an initial 50K production target...and a much higher base price!

$7,000 is just not realistic for Elio to stay in business...

Most consumer's will be happy to pay more...I certainly will...

I'm sure Paul already knows this...

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Low profit margin's are acceptable for established manufacturing enterprise's with no debt load...

High profit margin's area an absolute necessity for startups with huge existing debt loaded...

Approval of the ATVM loan will hing on the abilty for Elio Motors to generated large profit potentials...

A successful startup should always be mindful of the worst case scenario...and try to keep a boat load of cash on hand to weather unseen obstacle's...

So how long were you on the Elio Complaints facebook before you decided to come over here and annoy people?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score

High profit margin's area an absolute necessity for startups with huge existing debt loaded...

Approval of the ATVM loan will hing on the abilty for Elio Motors to generated large profit potentials...

Impressive, I too agree 7k (excluding incentives) is unrealistic for the long haul, however the price being one of the pillars of this venture, They'll respect the 6.8k initially.
Thanks for clarifying your early commitment and incites to the project

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
So how long were you on the Elio Complaints facebook before you decided to come over here and annoy people?
Very well stated WilliamH but watch how far it goes. We don't need it getting out of hand.

Aprilia your last statement starts walking the edge of negativity again.
If you don't see it; join JEBar and myself by answering the Private Messages that have been sent to you.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The initial price of $6800 is what caught most peoples attention, I know it did for me and that is why I have two on order, and when you consider what all you get for that price it is indeed hard to believe. That being said I think Paul is a pretty smart guy and realizes that at that price most people will be able to afford to add several options to their new Elios and that is where I believe the profit margin may be the greatest and where he will make some money. I do believe that he will increase the base price after he fulfills his agreement to have a target price of $6800 for the reservation holders. It's the nature of things and he may need to do that to cover his true costs once production starts and he knows exactly what the costs turn out to be. I doubt there will be very many Elios built with out any additional options added on. And the ones that are built as stripos will have genuine Elio accesories added on by their new owners at the nearest Pep Boys.

Last edited:

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Excuse Me, ATVM loan is "contingent" one of several things. One being their (projected) ability to repay the loan. Another is, meeting the 75mpg requirement.

The Elio's "target" is, people who can't afford to pay more. I am glad that, for you (it appears), you don't NEED an Elio. And I am sorry that you don't (appear) to understand it.

I am pretty sure HE DOES. :becky:

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And none of this matters because Paul has stated that there will be a secondary source for warranty service; but has not made a decision on what company that will be. This was stated earlier in this thread.

Aprilia why do you continue to post negative items against Elio Motors?
There's all kinds of crap on this site that doesn't matter, and we debate it endlessly. So, what's the big deal if the guy think that Pep Boys and the official service center matter? Shoot, the guy is even doing his own original research in an area that none of us have ever even thought to use before. And he's come up with some really good links to it. Give the guy a break. Just because every single one of his posts doesn't proselytize the revolutionary, game changing aspects of the Elio doesn't mean that he's a troll. Sometimes, you need a breath of fresh air to clear out all the fanboy advocacy that goes on around here.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's all kinds of crap on this site that doesn't matter, and we debate it endlessly. So, what's the big deal if the guy think that Pep Boys and the official service center matter? Shoot, the guy is even doing his own original research in an area that none of us have ever even thought to use before. And he's come up with some really good links to it. Give the guy a break. Just because every single one of his posts doesn't proselytize the revolutionary, game changing aspects of the Elio doesn't mean that he's a troll. Sometimes, you need a breath of fresh air to clear out all the fanboy advocacy that goes on around here.

I'm more than willing to give him a break. The problem I have with him is he claims Forbes, Barons, and other magazines as his source of information but when called on to cite a URL or cite a specific article he is silent and goes away for a while. Then comes pack and cites unnamed people in Icahn's organization as the source rather Icahn himself as he originally asserted . But he never cites URLs for his claims. When he starts providing proper citations for his assertions I'll be more than happy to listen to him. Until then I'll figure he lives under a bridge.

Top Bottom