• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Carl Icahn Want Pep Boys To Exit The Auto Repair Business!

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And none of this matters because Paul has stated that there will be a secondary source for warranty service; but has not made a decision on what company that will be. This was stated earlier in this thread.

Aprilia why do you continue to post negative items against Elio Motors?
Maybe he hasn't had his coffee and big bowl of Chelios yet?

Aprilia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And none of this matters because Paul has stated that there will be a secondary source for warranty service; but has not made a decision on what company that will be. This was stated earlier in this thread.

Aprilia why do you continue to post negative items against Elio Motors?

Coss...I apologize if you find my posting to be negative...

I try to be very neutral & objective...

The finalized engine cradle design is a very positive event for Elio...

The change in ownership at Pep Boys will probably be an issue for Elio Motors...

Your above comment about "Paul has stated" is interesting...Paul has verbalized many so call facts which have been inaccurate...

I look forward to owning an Elio...and will be pleased if they can become a successful niche player...

But...I tend to view any new business venture with realistic expectation's...

My thought process is concerning Elio Motors is...don't tell me...show me!

It's all about verification of the business model ...& financial solvency...

I'd be more comfortable if Elio would raise their base price...and lower the estimated yearly production rates...

Time will tell...I hope I get the opportunity to own an Elio...it's a very cool vehicle!

Last edited:

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Coss...I apologize if you find my posting to be negative...

I try to be very neutral & objective...
But...I tend to view any new business venture with realistic expectation's...
First, let me say that I have no affiliation with EM or any of its partners.
I find your expectations to be far from realistic. A bit OCD?...maybe.

EM has said that we are welcome to "follow them" on this "journey". I like to think of it as riding on a tour bus.
Any (long) Journey involves the use of the roads that are already established. In EM's case, That would be their "business model." But, like a real road-trip, sometimes their are road-blocks, and detours. So, (it appears to me) that you expect EM to either 1) stop the bus and wait for the problem to fix itself or, 2) quit! Heaven forbid they take a detour, as "some passengers" on the bus might start yelling..."You lied to us! You told us we would be on HWY 101 for the whole trip, why are we on this side road!"..."You didn't tell us we would have to slow down in constructions zones!...I expected the whole trip would be sunny, and now it's RAINING!...You said ALL of our food stops would be at Burger King, and now we are at McDonalds!...You said Cooper will be our tire supplier, and NOW it's Continental! You lied to us! You can't be trusted!
In my opinion, EM continues to demonstrate their adaptability....AND MORE! They are also "paving new roads" thru legislation. They have learned valuable lessons from pioneers, such as Aptera (don't make the same mistakes) and Tesla is continuing to "pave the way."

Funny little thought...
Not too long ago, I read an article about someone who kept complaining about Tesla and "broken promises"....Tesla refused to honor his reservation! :Cry: :brick:Funny...don't you think? :becky:

Last edited:

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Based on my opinion only, I do not think any of Paul Elio statements were ever intentionally deceptive. It's his company and I think he has good intentions on how he wants his company to be successful. As this project progresses it may dictate that he has to change some of his plans and so some of his statements may have to change to make his dream come true. The Pep Boys issue is a good example of that and I think Paul has a back up plan if the Pep Boys deal does not work out. It may be human nature to be skeptical and leery but so far I have 100% confidence in what Paul is doing.

Aprilia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Based on my opinion only, I do not think any of Paul Elio statements were ever intentionally deceptive. It's his company and I think he has good intentions on how he wants his company to be successful. As this project progresses it may dictate that he has to change some of his plans and so some of his statements may have to change to make his dream come true. The Pep Boys issue is a good example of that and I think Paul has a back up plan if the Pep Boys deal does not work out. It may be human nature to be skeptical and leery but so far I have 100% confidence in what Paul is doing.

Thanks for your comments!

I can agree with some of your thoughts... but I feel Paul has very few workable back up plan's... he certainly has been unable to project enough confidence in his venture to find the necessary private working capitol to initiate production...without the ATVM loan his prospects of reaching his goal are dim at best...my point is...he never seems to have a workable back up plan with regards to the big picture...

My solution...Elio Motors would be better served if Paul hired a seasoned CEO at this point... the right CEO might help secure the much needed long term funding by adding credibility to this project...

A $300++ million startup is not for the inexperienced... and the $17 million raised from the Reg A+ offering will soon be spent!

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do not think anyone on here is aware of any of Paul's backup plans and that is for a good reason. So just because we don't know his plans doesn't mean he doesn't have any. The ATVM loan is progressing as far as I know and it may be in the government hands. Where would EM get the money to hire a "seasoned CEO" and why? I think he has enough experience and background as well as connections in the auto industry to continue and save that salary expense for the project.

Aprilia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do not think anyone on here is aware of any of Paul's backup plans and that is for a good reason. So just because we don't know his plans doesn't mean he doesn't have any. The ATVM loan is progressing as far as I know and it may be in the government hands. Where would EM get the money to hire a "seasoned CEO" and why? I think he has enough experience and background as well as connections in the auto industry to continue and save that salary expense for the project.

My example for Paul...Larry Page & Sergey Brim were smart enough to step back and hire Eric Schmidt...who was a proven CEO...and ended up leading Google through an amazing period of growth!

Bill Ford hired Alan Mulally to be CEO... Mulally brought Ford back from the brink of disaster!

Paul is a founder with a strong vision...but not an experienced CEO...

IMO...I put very little faith that the Fed's will fund Elio Motors...they will need private funding!

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I get my elio, I will pay a visit to my local Pep Boys and ask them questions regarding them servicing my vehicle during the warranty period. I will do this to shock them because I suspect they will know nothing about the Elio. This would be done in hopes of making them ready when/if I do need them.

Perhaps all of us should do this.
it's gonna be, for all of us, an " interesting" visit. I was pleased the one time I had an occasion to use them,that they knew how to change wiper blades!!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMO...I put very little faith that the Fed's will fund Elio Motors...they will need private funding!

Opinion noted.
It is obvious you are looking for a "sure thing" with massive profit potential...My opinion,EM isn't it. The main reason he doesn't have "Sharks" beating down the door is, profit margins are not big enough. This is "by design." Huge profit margins only invites competition. You will probably be better off investing in other stocks.

Not that it matters but, a while back, I asked you if you have taken the opportunity to actually see, touch and sit in, either the P4 or P5?

Top Bottom