• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Chandler Fashion Center, May3rd, Chandler Az

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pictures???
Well, I don't actually want too much distraction from Elio (the car) here. But if you goto face book.. www.facebook.com/araklea
I've done a lot of artwork in the past trying to get someone like Paul to do his car.. so google on "sketchup reverse trike"(flip to images), and about half of the first row are my 3d sketches I used in my past discussions. A few years ago I triied for a long time to connect with Paul, but it seems he was much too hard to find and busy 'doing it'. It's just so, so strange that I work in the same city (Tempe) where he lives. Fate had it that he really didn't need any technical encouragement from myself, he and his team did perfectly. If you go here(below), you'll see at least one of my models that may remind you of the Elio. Another good search is "atlantric reverse trike". Unfortunately the google 3d warehouse seems to be suppressed by google now. So it's hard to find all the 3d models I uploaded. https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search.html?backendClass=entity&q=detalidon Various discussion groups have images they snaped, so Detalidon, OSCS, Atlantric, Taddy arilea, cabinscooter, these will bring some of that conceptual work up to look at. Elio is a much better implement design than most of those, IMHO.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 893
Since the prototype engine is smaller I wonder if the opening will be smaller. This would help with drag and help with the 84mph goal.
I absolutely did hear Paul say he was going to modify that front grill, just for that purpose.

Truely, IMHO, attention to the underside and the openings at the suspension will produce the best return at this point. I base that on my past windtunnel work, when I was a Automoive researcher. (years and years ago). Well, a better surface radius at the window pillars is a good candiate as well. There's a little beautifing edge going on there that doesn't help. Look very good, but breaks the laminar flow too easilly, I'd say.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I don't actually want too much distraction from Elio (the car) here. But if you goto face book.. www.facebook.com/araklea
I've done a lot of artwork in the past trying to get someone like Paul to do his car.. so google on "sketchup reverse trike"(flip to images), and about half of the first row are my 3d sketches I used in my past discussions. A few years ago I triied for a long time to connect with Paul, but it seems he was much too hard to find and busy 'doing it'. It's just so, so strange that I work in the same city (Tempe) where he lives. Fate had it that he really didn't need any technical encouragement from myself, he and his team did perfectly. If you go here(below), you'll see at least one of my models that may remind you of the Elio. Another good search is "atlantric reverse trike". Unfortunately the google 3d warehouse seems to be suppressed by google now. So it's hard to find all the 3d models I uploaded. https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search.html?backendClass=entity&q=detalidon Various discussion groups have images they snaped, so Detalidon, OSCS, Atlantric, Taddy arilea, cabinscooter, these will bring some of that conceptual work up to look at. Elio is a much better implement design than most of those, IMHO.
NICE! There is a forum section called "Similar Vehicles". You can post about it there all day long if you want.

azurehenfruit

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this too requires a picture....

This certainly does not have much to do with a 3-wheeled car, but, here goes:

Pretty Girl.jpg

I am afraid that I have no photographs of the eggs, but it is possible to Google the breed: Araucana.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the great pictures. I was glad to hear that the Elio team actually reads our posts here on the forums. I like the friendly, no bull approach they have

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For all you Elio posters out there, 'The Crew' was really, really curious and interested that you (who said you might) should show up and say hello. Like everyone else they'd like to pin a face to your 'pen' name and meet you. I really got the feeling they thought you were all cool. Honestly, 'the crew' as I call them, was a VERY nice group.

Sweet! :)

Top Bottom