• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Charlotte, Nc; Dec 05, 2014 - Dec 07, 2014

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, No, No, Not That!!!!!lol
Yep!! My 1st disappointment in the Elio, This looks like Negative Progress??
I have a Dakota Digital on the Harley and it looks Much Better than this set up. One glance at the DD tells me whats happening with the vitals, all in a very small space.
I'll reserverve a place in myTrash Can for that thang and buy the DD set up.
I'm OK with the rest of the Elio.
upload_2014-12-6_13-54-41.jpeg

prd_847.jpg

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I also think it looks better in person than in photos and think it would likely look even better in the car where you get the proper scale.
Someone posted what was most likely a mock up rather than a photo and I really liked it in that. Some how it simply does not look like much in your hands. Maybe if your shirt was creamcycle it would look better. LOL :-) Z

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Someone posted what was most likely a mock up rather than a photo and I really liked it in that. Some how it simply does not look like much in your hands. Maybe if your shirt was creamcycle it would look better. LOL :) Z

'Maybe if your shirt was creamcycle it would look better' (Z)

Z, Not a chance!!! I don't care what color shirt anybody puts on that thing would still look, Nasty!!lol
I would Gladly buy Paul a New Timex, if he would Drop that idea!!!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
'Maybe if your shirt was creamcycle it would look better' (Z)

Z, Not a chance!!! I don't care what color shirt anybody puts on that thing would still look, Nasty!!lol
I would Gladly buy Paul a New Timex, if he would Drop that idea!!!
Spoil sport. You can have your ________________ dashboard. I want the Elgin one. :-) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
We (husband and I, not the goat from the picture HA) will be driving down from WV on Saturday evening. We are staying at a hotel in the Charlotte suburb of Pineville because it is close to the Waldhorn - an excellent German restaurant (food and drinks) that we will not miss going to when in the area. If anyone is interested we would enjoy some dinner company. Oh! and going to check out the Elio Sunday. :)
I met up with Sandy today and it looks like we will be meeting up at the Waldhorn Restaurant at 7:00 PM if those in the area is interested in joining us.

12101 Lancaster Hwy, Pineville, NC 28134

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
328.5 miles. 11.5 hours later, we are back from Charlotte .... several reactions :

1. the Creamsicle color looks different in person than it does in pictures ... I like it better in person

2. the front tires don't seem to stick out as far while sitting behind the steering wheel as they do standing outside looking at them

3. interior size and appearance was as expected

5. Jerome and Pam along with the rest of their staff are every bit as pleasant and gracious as has been reported .... Jerome was willing to spend considerable time talking with me and answering a host of questions that I'm trying to figure out how best to post .... I don't know if it would be best to list them or to try and find the appropriate threads to add them

some pictures :

the first three show the exhibit and the line that formed well before noon .... best guess, 1.5 - 2 hour wait .... the interesting thing to me was folks were happy and didn't seem to mind

picture 4 shows Pam/Jerome/Maureen/me

picture 5 is a bit clearer than the one posted above

Jim

141206 001 Charlotte Display 001.jpg
141206 001 Charlotte Display 004.jpg
141206 001 Charlotte Display 005.jpg
141206 006 Jerome Pam us 001.jpg
141206 007 David (rdoearth), Hector (goofyone), Bob (Elio552), Jim (JEBar) 001.jpg

Elio#552

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I enjoyed meeting JBar and wife, rdoearth and goofyone today. The Dillard's entrance to the mall is the most convenient to the Elio display. I've now scrutinized the P3 & P4 and my fender preference will be open as on P3. Color not in stone, but silver is currently at the top of the list. My plan would be to two-tone with black and add a red dividing stripe. I did learn that yellow will be an option but not until enough units are sold to evaluate which color to drop.

Goofyone and rdoearth I enjoyed sitting in the comfortable chairs and sofa with you guys today. Good conversation as we watched the Elio waiting line go by. I have a renewed interest and enthusiasm about our Elio. JBar, I hope you and wife arrived home safely.

Thank you!

Bob, Elio#552, Gastonia, NC (formerly Kings Mountain, NC)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
328.5 miles. 11.5 hours later, we are back from Charlotte .... several reactions :

1. the Creamsicle color looks different in person than it does in pictures ... I like it better in person

2. the front tires don't seem to stick out as far while sitting behind the steering wheel as they do standing outside looking at them

3. interior size and appearance was as expected

5. Jerome and Pam along with the rest of their staff are every bit as pleasant and gracious as has been reported .... Jerome was willing to spend considerable time talking with me and answering a host of questions that I'm trying to figure out how best to post .... I don't know if it would be best to list them or to try and find the appropriate threads to add them

some pictures :

the first three show the exhibit and the line that formed well before noon .... best guess, 1.5 - 2 hour wait .... the interesting thing to me was folks were happy and didn't seem to mind

picture 4 shows Pam/Jerome/Maureen/me

picture 5 is a bit clearer than the one posted above

Jim

View attachment 3714 View attachment 3715 View attachment 3716 View attachment 3717 View attachment 3718
Great pics and comments. Thanks for posting. :-) Z

Top Bottom