• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Charlotte, Nc; Dec 05, 2014 - Dec 07, 2014

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
328.5 miles. 11.5 hours later, we are back from Charlotte .... several reactions :

1. the Creamsicle color looks different in person than it does in pictures ... I like it better in person

2. the front tires don't seem to stick out as far while sitting behind the steering wheel as they do standing outside looking at them

3. interior size and appearance was as expected

5. Jerome and Pam along with the rest of their staff are every bit as pleasant and gracious as has been reported .... Jerome was willing to spend considerable time talking with me and answering a host of questions that I'm trying to figure out how best to post .... I don't know if it would be best to list them or to try and find the appropriate threads to add them

some pictures :

the first three show the exhibit and the line that formed well before noon .... best guess, 1.5 - 2 hour wait .... the interesting thing to me was folks were happy and didn't seem to mind

picture 4 shows Pam/Jerome/Maureen/me

picture 5 is a bit clearer than the one posted above

Jim

View attachment 3714 View attachment 3715 View attachment 3716 View attachment 3717 View attachment 3718
Great pictures, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to you Q&A post. Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Elio#552

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
First attempt at posting a pic. Two guys "kicked back" --- rdoearth & goofyone

Bob
IMG_1753[1].jpg

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Spoil sport. You can have your ________________ dashboard. I want the Elgin one. :) Z

I am not spoiled but I am still a sport, after 18 years of "Doing It My Way', with out restrictions, I'll say this: 'It's like a 'Wendy's', we can all have it our way. Like wheels/fenders/trailer hitch/dash//add ons, etc.,
We all seem to be on the Same page with our Elios!!!lol

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am not spoiled but I am still a sport, after 18 years of "Doing It My Way', with out restrictions, I'll say this: 'It's like a 'Wendy's', we can all have it our way. Like wheels/fenders/trailer hitch/dash//add ons, etc.,
We all seem to be on the Same page with our Elios!!!lol
I think that's Burger King, or McDonalds..

Tony Gore

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I got there at about 12:15pm and the line was wrapped around two sides and back to the Godiva Chocolatier store. Took 1.5 hours to reach the car but there was plenty of conversation with others in line around me. I enjoyed talking with those who shared that 1.5 hour crawl up to the display. About half way up, Neil from Elio was working his way down the line and chatting/answering questions. Nice guy and knowledgeable..

I talked with a couple of fellows in line in front of me all the way to the car and I'm embarrassed to say I never even asked their names. One did say he was a member here. I'll post some pictures below...some of you may be in them. That's me in the orange shirt in the car...didn't have my T-shirt yet. Oh, and I did get to meet Goofyone, Elio#552, and Rdoearth before I left, but didn't get much time to talk as my crew was ready to go eat.

GEDC0384.JPG

GEDC0386.JPG

GEDC0390.JPG

GEDC0392.JPG

GEDC0395.JPG

GEDC0398.JPG

GEDC0402.JPG

GEDC0404.JPG

GEDC0405.JPG

GEDC0411.JPG

Tony Gore

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all good, lol. It was a busy day and I'm sure we all forgot something.

I didn't even mention what I thought about the car. I really liked it up close. Didn't change my mind on liking the style of the P3 more. I agree with the dash looking a little cheap in person, but I still would buy that overall look with the production parts. In particular, the area where the radio/USB/phone holder looked like a cheap plastic plate... but I'm sure that will change. The seats were comfortable and looked good quality, just like in the images online.

When the Elio rep Neil got to us, I did ask about the lug bolt configuration, and he said it was 4 bolts, but didn't have the exact size specs, but assured they would be one of the standards. I couldn't remember what else it was that someone wanted to ask about the lugs. He did say that for those who didn't mind loosing 3-4 mpg they were going to offer the fenders for the open wheel look, but suggested having the covered wells for when you were planing to take a really long trip and needed that extra gas mileage.

The drivers seat was comfortable, and it did feel cozy when you got in, but not bad... just different that what you are use to. I can definitely see myself driving this to work and back. I swapped seats and tried out the back, and while it was roomy enough, and I had plenty of space for my legs, I couldn't ride back there too long. But then again, I get claustrophobic when in very small spaces and with no back door and almost no windows, I felt trapped. Just being honest. So for me, this is a one person car. I can carry a passenger, but not sure how many would want to ride there. IF, however, it were convertible, I would have been perfectly okay back there.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
apologies Tony for not recognizing you .... I was standing nearby when you were talking with some of the Elio folks and didn't put your face together with this forum .... we got into the mall just before 9AM and by the we got to the Elio exhibit there was already a short line .... we were able to have our turn before the crowd formed .... below are our version of a couple of the standard pictures that folks take when sitting in an Elio

Jim
141206 003 Jim & Maureen Elio 001.jpg
141206 004 Maureen Elio 001.jpg

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
apologies Tony for not recognizing you .... I was standing nearby when you were talking with some of the Elio folks and didn't put your face together with this forum .... we got into the mall just before 9AM and by the we got to the Elio exhibit there was already a short line .... we were able to have our turn before the crowd formed .... below are our version of a couple of the standard pictures that folks take when sitting in an Elio

Jim
View attachment 3733 View attachment 3734

Looks good on you, Jim! :D Wish they'd swing by this way.

Top Bottom