• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Charlotte, Nc; Dec 05, 2014 - Dec 07, 2014

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks good on you, Jim! :D Wish they'd swing by this way.

if that's the case it is because most of what can be seen is the Elio ..;).. I don't think they have any plans set for next year but they do want to visit all of the areas where they plan to have stores; as well as, many areas where they won't

Jim

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Could someone bring a ruler and take a photo of it being held against the current instrument panel?

well, I tried .... when I got in and pulled out the tape the fellow working the car told me measuring the dash wouldn't do any good .... he said the dash in the P4 is very different from what will be produced .... the measurements wouldn't do any good .... sorry

Jim

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
a few additional thoughts .... I now better understand why folks report making multiple long drives to tour locations .... frankly, I'd be willing to do so in a heartbeat .... while I enjoyed having my hands on and sitting in the P4, I'd go back just to stand around and listen to the conversations between the tour staff and those there to see the Elio .... I've tried to post answers to questions raised in the area where those questions were posted .... I can't find where the question was asked if it would come with Hazard Flashers but the answer is yes .... reading reports on this forum has been a good experience but seeing it in person and interacting with the tour staff takes things to the next level .... my recommendation to folks considering attending a tour event, do it .... its well worth the time and expense

Jim

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What's everyone's thoughts on the forward opening hood?
While it looks cool it seems to me that it makes servicing more difficult. I'd rather have the standard style.
***(I'm sure there's other forums here where this is discussed at length)***

OctoberGlory

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While it looks cool it seems to me that it makes servicing more difficult. I'd rather have the standard style.
I'm fine with it. I bet it could easily be removed if needed.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I actually owned a few Vega's back in the day, and they open forward like the Elio. MUCH easier to work on the stuff located close to the firewall, and even the radiator wasn't hard to get to as it opened nearly vertical...I vote for "leave it the way it is". :)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I've owned vehicles with both styles and don't much care either way .... by necessity the hood of our Sportchassis is hinged in front .... I like the fact that (unless I'm backing up really fast) if the latch breaks on a hood with a front hinge, it can't blow open going down the road ..;)..

Jim

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Remember that thanks to the front crumple zone the engine will actually sit fairly far back in the engine compartment. That plus the fact that you do not have to reach around the wheel wells to reach anything in the engine bay tells me that it could be easier to work in the engine bay with the forward hinged hood than a more standard rear hinged hood.

On my Triumph Spitfire the entire from end tilts forward and I can comfortably sit on the front tires while straddling the suspension and work on the engine quite easily and the Elio will have a somewhat similar layout.

Top Bottom