• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Charlotte, Nc; Dec 05, 2014 - Dec 07, 2014

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting about the tuning on the MS250. It's a good dependable saw but does labor some going through a thick cut. I'll ask at the local shop. As is, it's usually enough for me. I don't have any more mammoth trees that need to come down for now. My main chore has been clearing a few acres of invasive Chinese Privet, red cedars and winged elms to make way for more oaks, maples, beech, etc.
Do a google search on MS250 muffler mods.

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Got to the mall about 9:15 this morning (Sat.) and found a small crowd. Friendly E team. I was hoping the car was smaller than I imagined and I was right. Actually, I think it is exactly like I thought.
As far as a prototype, it is definitely rough around the edges but very suitable for drawing in people. My wife was tickled with it. Can't wait. I didn't get in the back but the front was plenty roomy. Rep said they're still shooting for cruise to be standard- but if it isn't they're shooting for around 100 bucks for an add on. About a grand for automatic tranny.
My wife had a great idea: She's small, 5'2" and 110, and said there was a bunch of room in the back seat. An airplane tray table would be nice.

JDub

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Look at what I have in my hands. [emoji4]

View attachment 3709 View attachment 3710
Seeing the dash just confirms I'll be installing the Dakota Digital dash. That would just ruin my driving experience. JMO not one redeeming feature. Call me old school but that screams CHEAP to me. I'm hoping the rest of the car conveys a bit more class / quality.

rdoearth

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I actually liked it and believe it isn't as bad seeing it on person. I heard they may modify the size of the numbers too to make it more visible, and there may be the option to program the digital option to show the mph.

I am hoping we can get a working battery and either me or goofyone will post a video of it in action.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I actually liked it and believe it isn't as bad seeing it on person. I heard they may modify the size of the numbers too to make it more visible, and there may be the option to program the digital option to show the mph.

I am hoping we can get a working battery and either me or goofyone will post a video of it in action.
I also think it looks better in person than in photos and think it would likely look even better in the car where you get the proper scale.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. This one was bland.

No, No, No, Not That!!!!!lol
Yep!! My 1st disappointment in the Elio, This looks like Negative Progress??
I have a Dakota Digital on the Harley and it looks Much Better than this set up. One glance at the DD tells me whats happening with the vitals, all in a very small space.
I'll reserverve a place in myTrash Can for that thang and buy the DD set up.
I'm OK with the rest of the Elio.

Top Bottom