• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Chinese Or Other Foreign Investors?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To be honest. I understand the question. Where did the money go ?
I have not formed a firm opinion on this. I do not know.
Were millions spent unwisely ?
Was time wasted ?
I would have to see proof of this past, and talk in depth honestly with someone who lived it, to have an inkling of what has really transpired.
I would love to see a breakdown of how the money was spent. Not because I believe the money was spent unwisely, but because I wonder what are the steps performed in bringing to life a vehicle and how much those steps cost.

Apparently the frame was redesigned as a result of Roush testing. Was the previous frame design a waste of money? I suspect not. I assume the Rouse design is simply a modification of the previous design. A few of the earlier frames were built. I hope they were just modified and not a waste.

There were computer simulations of the earlier frame in a crash. I assume these simulations had to be repeated for the new frame design.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the Chinese were to invest in Elio Motors, just what would they get for their money? EM rents a tiny office in Phoenix, they have some convoluted 3rd. party interest in a facility in Shreveport (facing beaucoup fines soon), they have 3 to maybe 5 'prototypes' in various stages of incompleteness and obsolescence, two engines (one of which has no verifiable performance numbers), no patents unique to the product or absolutely necessary, some (difficult to determine) debt to suppliers, and a trailer with a dusty 'demo' vehicle. The Chinese could "knock off" (there is really nothing to emulate) this virtual auto cycle at pennies of the dollars Elio has, arguably, forever squandered; if there was a future in this, the Chinese have at least thought about it. High fuel prices, and 'green' benefits, are of no matter and inconsequential to any development, it is all about profitability. All EM has to offer is CAd drawings and, some remaining, but perishable, 'good will.'
Elio also has the rights to a factory and all the equipment necessary to build the Elio. Sure, the Chinese have factories but those are running at peak efficiency with probably little capacity for a low-cost, low-profit vehicle. And don't underestimate their desire to enter the US auto market. Coming in and offering an 84 MPG vehicle would be a decent start!

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, share prices are based on what people will pay for them. They base it on assets, liabilities, present and future profit and sales. Based on these parameters the shares are almost worthless. The average loss is about 701 pennies per share, if Elio is not bought out, the average loss will be 1200 pennies

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My simple mind is puzzled by how a startup company with liabilities, few assests, no product to sell, no validated prototype, no profit in over a decade, offering no guarantee to deliver a product to generate future profits even qualifies to sell shares. Definitely a high risk investment, hopefully offset by a diversified investment plan.

Top Bottom