• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Closer Look At The E1c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you notice if the door and trunk locks were power operated? I would like to add my own keyless entry if it isn't a stand alone option.
Thanks Again,
ClubJoe
Sunny Brandon, FL
For years they have consistently said that it will the door lock remote.
It changes if you get the Skyz (maybe) to being able to open it with your smartphone; but if not it will either be on the key like Chrysler keys, or on a key chain FOB like all of the other cars on the market today.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think that Joeker put him up to saying that just to get us to go crazy.
The filler has always been on the right through all the different changes and if I recall, we were always told it was an engineer design, and that it could only go on the right side. Same thing with the exhaust bulge, there wasn't enough clearance under the car to do it.

As for gas running down the side on to the exhaust, we had a long conversation on that already; the reality was, it's not a safety issue.

If that was just a joke he should have thrown up an "April Fool's" graphic or something. If the rep was misinformed that is a different matter that cannot be helped. But if it turns out to be false but not because the rep was misinformed, it means that nothing in subsequent videos can be trusted and renders them useless for anything other than background noise.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
If that was just a joke he should have thrown up an "April Fool's" graphic or something. If the rep was misinformed that is a different matter that cannot be helped. But if it turns out to be false but not because the rep was misinformed, it means that nothing in subsequent videos can be trusted and renders them useless for anything other than background noise.
It could be then that EM had discussed it, but it's just in the talking stage at this point.
If there is going to be that big of a change, there has to be a reason for it.
I'd like to hear more on the reasoning behind the change.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Every question of why? can be answered by looking at the four must haves.
Take the dash for example. Elgin vs analog. Does it affect MPG? No, both weigh the same.
Does it affect made in America? No, both made in America.
That leaves cost vs safety. If both cost the same, then the legal team would argue in favor for the analog. Unsafe or not, their has been enough discussion on social media, till EM can't risk even the appearance of something being unsafe. So analog wins. I think even if analog cost a little more, safety wins.

Now why the fuel fill is changing sides, I don't know. It was said at one time that the right side was the cheapest side, maybe that has changed now some how?

Earl LaSitis

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
This has answered so many questions and this was a super video interview by you . Jermain was very informative with his answers this was a
great one on one with updates on the status of production being closer Thanks Joeker for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom