• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Committed In Bakersfield, Ca

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
You're in luck then, the Elio has just a EGR valve and no cooler; 3 cylinder 55hp doesn't need it. The tranny should be pretty solid, it is from Aisian.

You know, I kept on wondering about that, regarding a cooler for the EGR on the Elio. All the turbo diesel trucks that I've worked on with EGR's have had coolers. So I've been assuming that any vehicle with an EGR would also have an EGR cooler to go with it. I hope you're right -that it doesn't have one. It's true that I haven't heard anything official from Elio of an actual cooler -so maybe one of my major worries is actually a complete non-issue.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
You know, I kept on wondering about that, regarding a cooler for the EGR on the Elio. All the turbo diesel trucks that I've worked on with EGR's have had coolers. So I've been assuming that any vehicle with an EGR would also have an EGR cooler to go with it. I hope you're right -that it doesn't have one. It's true that I haven't heard anything official from Elio of an actual cooler -so maybe one of my major worries is actually a complete non-issue.
Wait a minute; "I hope you're right" oh young one, you haven't been here very long and it shows. :ranger:
But since you are new I'll be nice ...;)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey everybody: Shhhhhh. There's a cop hanging around! Haha
Welcome to you from Arizona!! You went and got yourself involved with some pretty interesting misfits here.. Have fun and post away, tons of great people and info to brouse here...
aahz what is brouse? Have you picked up an Asian book of translations?

So let's see, ........... Brouse it say "shirt that woman wear"

Am I close? ;)

Let me browse around a little and see if I can find something better .... :pound:

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey everybody: Shhhhhh. There's a cop hanging around! Haha
Welcome to you from Arizona!! You went and got yourself involved with some pretty interesting misfits here.. Have fun and post away, tons of great people and info to brouse here...
I don't recognize any "Andy" type characters here from Mayberry but for sure I'm tagging Coss as Barney. LOL Hey, Motorcycle Kopp, aren't you riding without a helmet. Also that's a strange looking wake I see leaving behind.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Haha no cop in my blood. Last name is pronounced the same, but I'm definitely not involved in law enforcement. And, obviously, one of my vehicles is a motorcycle. Been using this username since way back in highschool. It's pretty fitting, I think.
Welcome to the forum and the Elio family. Hopefully soon, you can become ElioKopp. Enjoy the journey and the experience with us

Top Bottom