• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Concept Vs Production Car

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I go to the scrap heap I want to be reborn as an Elio. :D
teeth in grill.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They are only marketing an idea, and selling a place in line. Not selling a car that does not exist.
Good marketing strategy since they have pre-sold thousands of Elio's that don't exist. I put money down on the vehicle not a place in line. Seems like their marketing strategy is actually advertising..............and the iron seems hot. 2015 will be a very BIG year for the Elio Team and the Elio fans. IMHO

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
O'look, another sh-t stirrer.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSyqgX90nDGcc-W_l6HQHkUz-57-JwlFEpfLJ2mqM0Tfv4vPrr4g.jpg
FEEEEEED MEEEEE
That's funny! Pay them no mind and to be honest, from all the negatives coming off their mouths, they're actually still very much "in love" with our ELIO, their hatred was directed to Paul Elio for all these delays so just to get one sooner, they actually wants to replace Paul to whoever will step on the plate and bring our Elio to reality. Here's the different groups of Elio fans that I think is worth mentioning to better understand where they're all coming from:
1) Die hard & true believers - They don't care how long it will take to get their Elios. They believe on the concept of bringing a fresh face in the automotive industry that will really make a difference by introducing an 84mpg gas engine reverse trike. They don't care if it's "unproven" (that's EM job- testing is key) and most of all they believe that an investment like this, win or loss could help our country by bringing jobs and less dependence in oil. (please feel free to add!)
2) Another toy!- Here's the other group that wants it "just because" it looks cool, wants to add it in their collection, don't really believe on the whole concept and really can't wait to modify this baby and turn it as a speed demon!
(I'll be a liar if I don't admit that I was in this group when I started, yep, I wanted turbo, bigger engine, etc. then I wised up! LOL)
3) Fall out of grace- They started as true believers of the concept, got impatient and now starting the blame game for not getting their Elio "as promised". Now they don't care what they get, 70 mpg is ok for them, Geo Metro motor is fine, don't care about the 5 star crash rating, don't care what's the final design anymore, etc. They're the one that all of a sudden started questioning the financial status of EM, the know it all about everything why EM is failing, etc., funny thing is they're the same one that didn't question anything when they got on board and made a blind faith deposits! LOL. They are the "give me my Elio" now or else I'll start these negative posts in here. So you see, we need to understand them not hate them because they may have started as smart people and they grew dumber by the minute. They don't know the difference between constructive criticism and just plain bashing without proof! By not replying on their post, they will simply get tired and go away. And don't worry because you'll see them come back with all good things to say when EM starts delivering our Elios! ;):D

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's funny! Pay them no mind and to be honest, from all the negatives coming off their mouths, they're actually still very much "in love" with our ELIO, their hatred was directed to Paul Elio for all these delays so just to get one sooner, they actually wants to replace Paul to whoever will step on the plate and bring our Elio to reality. Here's the different groups of Elio fans that I think is worth mentioning to better understand where they're all coming from:
1) Die hard & true believers - They don't care how long it will take to get their Elios. They believe on the concept of bringing a fresh face in the automotive industry that will really make a difference by introducing an 84mpg gas engine reverse trike. They don't care if it's "unproven" (that's EM job- testing is key) and most of all they believe that an investment like this, win or loss could help our country by bringing jobs and less dependence in oil. (please feel free to add!)
2) Another toy!- Here's the other group that wants it "just because" it looks cool, wants to add it in their collection, don't really believe on the whole concept and really can't wait to modify this baby and turn it as a speed demon!
(I'll be a liar if I don't admit that I was in this group when I started, yep, I wanted turbo, bigger engine, etc. then I wised up! LOL)
3) Fall out of grace- They started as true believers of the concept, got impatient and now starting the blame game for not getting their Elio "as promised". Now they don't care what they get, 70 mpg is ok for them, Geo Metro motor is fine, don't care about the 5 star crash rating, don't care what's the final design anymore, etc. They're the one that all of a sudden started questioning the financial status of EM, the know it all about everything why EM is failing, etc., funny thing is they're the same one that didn't question anything when they got on board and made a blind faith deposits! LOL. They are the "give me my Elio" now or else I'll start these negative posts in here. So you see, we need to understand them not hate them because they may have started as smart people and they grew dumber by the minute. They don't know the difference between constructive criticism and just plain bashing without proof! By not replying on their post, they will simply get tired and go away. And don't worry because you'll see them come back with all good things to say when EM starts delivering our Elios! ;):D
Very, very accurate!

Top Bottom