• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Concept Vs Production Car

Pete Smay

Reaction score
Elio has said from the beginning, this vehicle is not intended to replace a conventional car or be a carry-all. It's a simple commuter. I've had several 2-seat cars (Smart fortwo, Toyota MR-2, TriHawk, Honda Insight), and never expected or needed anything more for commuting. In rare instances I could rent something for the day, if I needed to haul any more.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio has said from the beginning, this vehicle is not intended to replace a conventional car or be a carry-all. It's a simple commuter. I've had several 2-seat cars (Smart fortwo, Toyota MR-2, TriHawk, Honda Insight), and never expected or needed anything more for commuting. In rare instances I could rent something for the day, if I needed to haul any more.
Copy that. If you can, having specialized vehicles is nice.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pete, welcome to the forum and the merry band of Elio fans. Hope you will find the forum informative and enjoyable. People are frendly and helpful. Enjoy the Elio experience.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great DWR, that means we need 23" to get a bench seat in there..and make room for a another person or a object like a back pack. A 12" piece of pipe(s) on either side would do it, and angle body piece would be a snap and actually might improve the aero like a coke bottle shape. (indy cars) ..plus a bigger trunk.....might add a little weight but the impact of this... is the new ad!
Elio Motors introduces the new 2016 Elio. A 3 PASSENGER, 75 MPG, AND A 4 STAR SAFETY RATING.
THE 2016 ELIO COMES EQUIPED WITH A 5 SPEED, TINTED GLASS, AIR CONDITIONING, AND CRUISE CONTROL AND STARTS AT ONLY $8795......reserve yours TODAY!

Hey EM if you are reading these comments, use the cad computer and make one and see if it can be done..it will sell millions..both here and overseas..
And your kid's shoulder becomes a 12" crumple zone.:(

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys..did you go to the tuvie.com sev site, the 3 PERSON STAGGERED vehicle you see is 57 inches wide, is slightly smaller that an elio which 66 inches wide, is more aerodynamic and with the IAV motor probably can get 100 mpg..no front end drag with the covered front end and again less wide which means it cuts the air much better..and less chance for fender snow build up.
Also, The, ale, in 3 wheel concept cars.com, a tandem that looks like a million bucks and had two running around..lost the cars in a fire, but the concept still looks very good. Oh, check out the other 3 wheelers, heck, we have 14 or more months to wish don't we??? Looks like the plastic body panels are just like the elios...
There are so many other designs and we can enjoy looking can't we.?. Most of them were made about the same time Mr. Elio presented the elio 2-3? 2008) They are just bodies on a roll cage anyway.
I think most of you would not turn down a 3 person elio that got better mpg, was a 4-5 star crash rated, and sold for under $10,000 which is about the amount a auto elio will sell for with a/c, cruise, tinted glass plus the destination fees, the dealer prep, and the state and local fees..
Enjoy the show.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys..did you go to the tuvie.com sev site, the 3 PERSON STAGGERED vehicle you see is 57 inches wide, is slightly smaller that an elio which 66 inches wide, is more aerodynamic and with the IAV motor probably can get 100 mpg..no front end drag with the covered front end and again less wide which means it cuts the air much better..and less chance for fender snow build up.
Also, The, ale, in 3 wheel concept cars.com, a tandem that looks like a million bucks and had two running around..lost the cars in a fire, but the concept still looks very good. Oh, check out the other 3 wheelers, heck, we have 14 or more months to wish don't we??? Looks like the plastic body panels are just like the elios...
There are so many other designs and we can enjoy looking can't we.?. Most of them were made about the same time Mr. Elio presented the elio 2-3? 2008) They are just bodies on a roll cage anyway.
I think most of you would not turn down a 3 person elio that got better mpg, was a 4-5 star crash rated, and sold for under $10,000 which is about the amount a auto elio will sell for with a/c, cruise, tinted glass plus the destination fees, the dealer prep, and the state and local fees..
Enjoy the show.
The discussion of Tuvie and 3 seaters may be more appropriate in the Similar Vehicles Forum.

corvairbob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
pj your just not going to talk them into that design. they are set on this one. might as well speak to the choir as to convince anyone here about a different design. maybe you can start a new forum for that machine and see how many join. to me it looks intruiging!

silverfox

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Is there a rule or law that says, maximum of 2 people on a motorcycle? If you have a sidecar attached to your motorcycle can you have a person in the sidecar and two people on the motorcycle? Just wondering.

Top Bottom