• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Continental Kit For The Elio

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
how about-
Self1.jpg
Self3.jpg

RonnieB

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Like this? Except maybe with a solid cover over it?

Maybe the entire rear skirt could be replaced with a spare tire receptical molded into it, along with some more attractive lines.
wqso55.jpg

Nice job with the image......I am not sure how everyone feels but it would be good to have a spare. If it was worked into the car not only would it be functional but could be a nice addition to the look of the back end.

Ron

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice job with the image......I am not sure how everyone feels but it would be good to have a spare. If it was worked into the car not only would it be functional but could be a nice addition to the look of the back end.

Ron
these days, cars costing multiple times the E have no spare (my BMW for example), and speaking of BMW's none of my airheads had spares ;-0

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think if you had to pick a size for a spare, as long as the lug patterns are the same, it would be better to use the front wheel size. It won't affect the handling as much if you put the wrong size on the back versus putting the wrong size on one of the fronts...

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think if you had to pick a size for a spare, as long as the lug patterns are the same, it would be better to use the front wheel size. It won't affect the handling as much if you put the wrong size on the back versus putting the wrong size on one of the fronts...

How much does a spare add to the cost? Plus the mounting hdw? I believe I would prefer a can of Fix-a-flat and drive to the next tire repair facility, which I would need anyway. Let's don't overthink this for the base model.:yo:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
these days, cars costing multiple times the E have no spare (my BMW for example), and speaking of BMW's none of my airheads had spares ;-0

my wife's 2016 RS Camaro doesn't come with a spare tire .... rather they install run flat tires .... I sure hate the thought of eventually having to replace them

Top Bottom