• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Copycats??

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That reminds me of the China scooters that have been (trying to) compete with the ultra-reliable Japanese brands. They grab the uneducated, "price is the only thing" folks. I used to be one of them. When I was looking to buy a scooter, I admit to being enticed by the lure of "brand new AND cheap. Then I started watching "craigslist" and noticing how many Japanese scooters, with 10K miles (or more) and still running...compared with, China brands...1 year old, 2K miles & NOT running! It didn't take long to "see a pattern". I ended up buying a 15 year old Honda Helix with 18K miles. Enjoyed it for 2 "trouble-free" years, put 12K miles on it AND sold it for more than I paid for it!
EM is working sooo hard to establish themselves as a Quality product. Looking at the "long term" goals...They will do fine :).

I too agree that China has produced a lot of "junk" copies, and the comparison of scooters is right-on- EXCEPT you failed to mention Italian VESPA and LAMBRETTA. and too Formosa (which is also a China), makes the KIMCO. Consider the potential of China entering the American car market AND produce good quality- or not and they will outsell Elio, just like they outsell Honda Vespa Kimco you could, as we say here frequently buy three throw-away Chinese products- cars/motorcycles/scooters.
I'm old enough to remember when a Japanese product was viewed in the same light as Chinese are today

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My favorite Chinese product is the "misfortune" cookie.
(I understand a lot of our paid-off by China politicians are more fortunate)

Top Bottom