• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Crash Testing Datsun Vs Elio

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
All things being equal yes. There are small cars that are safer than some large ones.

My MAC Semi has yet to met a car it couldn't eat.

the bigger the rig and the more it weighs, the more likely its occupants will come through in better condition than those of the smaller vehicle .... my concern is folks need to take an Elio's projected 5 star crash rating in context .... all that being said, I'd certainly rather have a higher rating in my vehicles

Jim

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting thing happened on Saturday that is relative.
Stopped at a stop light, the guy in front throws his car into reverse and bangs into the front of us.
No damage to either vehicle, but we're lucky the air bag didn't go off. It was quite a jolt, but nothing too major.
Enter the relevance...
I wonder what would have happened in my Elio? The don't really have bumpers per se, I don't think. It could have done serious damage. Had he hit one of the out-rigger wheels? Who knows what could have happened.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
legitimate point .... I don't know that an Elio will be in the class with a Timex (take a licking and ..... ) .... it is a vehicle designed to crumple and sacrifice itself to keep the force of an impact from getting to the people inside .... it might pay to have a dash mounted camera to make sure you get a license number in such cases .. ;)

Jim

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE=" Had he hit one of the out-rigger wheels? Who knows what could have happened.

This is a concern that I have also. Not only from an accident but from the bumper tag that often occurs in parking areas. It might be wise to ensure our insurance covers a hit and run in a parking lot.[/QUOTE]

However, with the total cost of replacement for the car, I would think that insurance would be expensive vs just getting it fixed. But then again, after a few times, it may start to really hurt.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is a concern that I have also. Not only from an accident but from the bumper tag that often occurs in parking areas. It might be wise to ensure our insurance covers a hit and run in a parking lot.

However, with the total cost of replacement for the car, I would think that insurance would be expensive vs just getting it fixed. But then again, after a few times, it may start to really hurt.[/QUOTE]

This offers a great chance to try a new color on your replacement car.

Top Bottom