• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Crash Testing Datsun Vs Elio

MajorXx

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
However, with the total cost of replacement for the car, I would think that insurance would be expensive vs just getting it fixed. But then again, after a few times, it may start to really hurt.

This offers a great chance to try a new color on your replacement car.[/QUOTE]

It might not be so good if your Reservation number ends up being 999,999,999,999.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting thing happened on Saturday that is relative.
Stopped at a stop light, the guy in front throws his car into reverse and bangs into the front of us.
No damage to either vehicle, but we're lucky the air bag didn't go off. It was quite a jolt, but nothing too major.
Enter the relevance...
I wonder what would have happened in my Elio? The don't really have bumpers per se, I don't think. It could have done serious damage. Had he hit one of the out-rigger wheels? Who knows what could have happened.

Sounds like he was a scammer out for insurance money

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually. He was a patient of my wife's. She recognized him. She said he's pretty strange and absent-minded.
We both got out, made sure each other and our cars were ok, then drove off.
No problems.
We were in the left turning lane at a light and he was going to back up to go into another lane and just never looked.
Accidents happen...

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind, it's a motorcycle with a body !!!

...and an integrated roll bar, and 3 air bags, and a steering wheel, and front wheel drive, and side windows, and A/C / Heat....Hmmm, sounds more like a skinny car, with one back wheel. But if my insurance agent is watching this thread, The Wiz is correct...it's a motorcycle with a body! ;)

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...and an integrated roll bar, and 3 air bags, and a steering wheel, and front wheel drive, and side windows, and A/C / Heat....Hmmm, sounds more like a skinny car, with one back wheel. But if my insurance agent is watching this thread, The Wiz is correct...it's a motorcycle with a body! ;)

To insurance agent a low priced motorcycle with a body. Well it was before he added all those options.....!!!

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you really look at the front end structure, really wont be that difficult to fix. Like putting a new clip on a race car,and since the body will be done in panels that too should be fairly straight forward. The beauty of this fairly simple design is it's ease of repair.
I'd much repair collision damage to an Elio than a BMW or Mercedes, they can be a nightmare of proprietary parts and specialty tools. :eek:

Top Bottom