• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Crowdfunding Just Got More Exciting With Sec Regulation A+: Elio Motors

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All 65,000 reservationists just need to sign and send to Elio Motors a complete waiver and release of liability so EM can just proceed with handbuilding the first batches of the vehicles without having to worry about crash testing, vehicle warranties, etc. How bad do we want this?
They can not escape negligence no matter what was in the waiver.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a funny thing that often when we give to well intentioned charities or maybe entities like PBS, for instance, that an inducement is 'free' gifts which then basically 'erode their bottom line,' essentially undoing the very benefit we originally meant to bestow.
We don't think of that so much in the business world because we may think that they have thought all that out and worked it into their business plan and profit model. Poor planning and now particularly this discounting may be one issue at the heart of what is keeping viable big money away. Business, unlike charity, has to make money for the investors: it very well may be that Paul just low balled too early, and too much, to ever get enough traction in this industry and simply was always behind the power curve anyhow. I wonder if there is really a market for these at $ 10,000? For all the ups and downs and knowing what we know, would we have just paid more? I would now have gone down to the kiosk or gone online and paid my $10 K and picked my Elio trike up at the Pep Boys next week, gladly.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have always felt that the ELIO should have been advertised as $7500 at 75 MPG. from the start.
Both realistic figures.
It was:
IMG_7329.JPG

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If there is no ATVM & no domestic billionaire to the rescue (I don't see Stu doing it all by himself) the fall back position has always been China. That means relinquishing control to a large degree but saves the IP value & the alternative engine uses. The Elio can still be made in Shreveport & the suppliers will still be in for the initial launch. Global distribution will be moved forward in the timeline & an IPO on the China stock exchange is foreseeable. What will happen to the reservationists is uncertain but maintaining good will in these types of things is always important. I'm ever the optimist I still believe Paul & his backers are doing everything reasonable to move the project forward & that we will ultimately get our Elios though they may be called Xielios by then.......

maybe a few used ones around, but it seems they closed shop as per their website?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a funny thing that often when we give to well intentioned charities or maybe entities like PBS, for instance, that an inducement is 'free' gifts which then basically 'erode their bottom line,' essentially undoing the very benefit we originally meant to bestow.
We don't think of that so much in the business world because we may think that they have thought all that out and worked it into their business plan and profit model. Poor planning and now particularly this discounting may be one issue at the heart of what is keeping viable big money away. Business, unlike charity, has to make money for the investors: it very well may be that Paul just low balled too early, and too much, to ever get enough traction in this industry and simply was always behind the power curve anyhow. I wonder if there is really a market for these at $ 10,000? For all the ups and downs and knowing what we know, would we have just paid more? I would now have gone down to the kiosk or gone online and paid my $10 K and picked my Elio trike up at the Pep Boys next week, gladly.
Speaking for myself, but knowing there are a LOT of years of bike riding here, 10k, is still cheap compared to many bikes I've had. To think, for many here it's not an & unit doesn't fit the profiles. at least on this site.

Top Bottom