• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Dangers Ahead??

Music Man

Elio Addict
To add to your post: I owned and drove a Pulse Autocycle in Florida for 5 years. It was registered as a motorcycle. I know of at least 4 other Pulses in Florida right now. A Pulse has 2 wheels on center line and 2 outrigger wheels, one on each side. Since only one outrigger is in contact with the road at any time it is considered a 3 wheel motorcycle. So Florida will register 3 wheel motorcycles. As far as Florida allowing only authorized manufacturers to title and register vehicles , I know of several vehicles 4 wheel vehicles and trikes that were built completely from scratch that had no manufacturer except the builder and Florida titled and registered them.
WELCOME, moby3!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Astro Vans are safe except for the
one I had a decade ago which burnt to a crisp on the side of I-85 in downtown Atlanta. :eek::(

But seriously as you said it's how you drive. The Astro did burn nicely however it was due to faulty tail light wiring which lead to a recall several months after I had that incident which was actually documented in the recall as the van had been to the dealer 2x in the previous two weeks as the tail lights kept burning out. By the way it was a company vehicle.
Better theirs than your's

Jim H

Elio Addict
To add to your post: I owned and drove a Pulse Autocycle in Florida for 5 years. It was registered as a motorcycle. I know of at least 4 other Pulses in Florida right now. A Pulse has 2 wheels on center line and 2 outrigger wheels, one on each side. Since only one outrigger is in contact with the road at any time it is considered a 3 wheel motorcycle. So Florida will register 3 wheel motorcycles. As far as Florida allowing only authorized manufacturers to title and register vehicles , I know of several vehicles 4 wheel vehicles and trikes that were built completely from scratch that had no manufacturer except the builder and Florida titled and registered them.
A warn friendly welcome from the "land of enchantment", New Mexico

Jim H

Elio Addict
Somebody wrote earlier on that being light it would bounce off other vehicles. Might be something to that. I once ran a AMC Gremlin in a demo and came in third. It bounced off instead of getting crunched
Welcome from a former Gremlin owner. It was a strange car but reliable and fun.

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Welcome from a former Gremlin owner. It was a strange car but reliable and fun.
I drove my gremlin till bailing wire and duck tape could no longer hold it together, then took the engine and frame and chopped it out into a bike....and drove it for 6 more years before crashing it and having to finally let her go.......

zelio

Elio Addict
I drove my gremlin till bailing wire and duck tape could no longer hold it together, then took the engine and frame and chopped it out into a bike....and drove it for 6 more years before crashing it and having to finally let her go.......
Am I remembering correctly that the Gremlin was from the same company that made Nash & Rambler? My parents bought Nashes and loved them but they did not like the Ramblers. They bought them anyway because you could still put the front seat all the way down so the family could always sleep in the car on trips. :-) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Am I remembering correctly that the Gremlin was from the same company that made Nash & Rambler? My parents bought Nashes and loved them but they did not like the Ramblers. They bought them anyway because you could still put the front seat all the way down so the family could always sleep in the car on trips. :) Z
Yes, they later became known as AMC - American Motors Company.

trock59

Elio Addict
Saw this last year in FL - Mustang rear and custom front end with a 302. On the rear is a motorcycle plate!
mustangtricycle.png