• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Delaying Car Purchase?

dancescientist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
10906406_10155579589020527_352306158940920364_n.jpg

Car was rear-ended this past weekend. Sure wished that Elio was about to be rolled out in the second half of 2015, as originally promised in 2014. :)

dancescientist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I plan on getting one as an 'and' car, but my stepson wants to replace his car with the Elio. Only problem is trying to keep his current car (175,000 mile clunker) alive until the Elio comes out next year, the motor and manual transmission are doing fine, it all the other things that need constant fixing. If it the Elio gets delayed past fall of 2016, he'll probably have to go a different route.

I read that self-driving cars might be affordable by 2025. If the Elio is not produced within a few years, it might be competing against this new technology, unless they can invest in developing a self-driving Elio. :)

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I admit I"m waiting. My plan includes the Elio first, then a replacement truck. My fantisy one two punch! MY current POS recieved a couple of hundred dollars in parts the last two days. It's one save is gas milage, but as I write this, I realize once I made it dependable, it has remained so for more than a Year now. Still, I'll be knocking on two hundred thousand within the next few Months, but she's not using a lot of oil,,,,, yet...

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was forced by an accident to replace my Scion xB sooner than planned, and as I have posted elsewhere, I bought a 2007 Prius a few weeks ago. I most certainly would be driving an Elio today if it were available. I am getting about 45 mpg on the road with the Prius, so it is better than the Scion (30-32 mpg), but a long way from 84!!!
C'mon, Elio!!

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 5782
Car was rear-ended this past weekend. Sure wished that Elio was about to be rolled out in the second half of 2015, as originally promised in 2014. :)
I wonder what that damage would have looked like had you gotten the Elio first?
The delay may be a blessing in disguise for you!

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I plan on getting one as an 'and' car, but my stepson wants to replace his car with the Elio. Only problem is trying to keep his current car (175,000 mile clunker) alive until the Elio comes out next year, the motor and manual transmission are doing fine, it all the other things that need constant fixing. If it the Elio gets delayed past fall of 2016, he'll probably have to go a different route.
One thing your stepson and others in this situation might want to consider is public transportation. I been using it most days to go to/from work, and its really saved me serious gas and wear and tear on my old pickup. Last few months, I got away with only 15 gallons of gas as opposed to about 40ish.

dancescientist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I wonder what that damage would have looked like had you gotten the Elio first?
The delay may be a blessing in disguise for you!

Well, I definitely wouldn't want to be the first person to get into an accident with the Elio! Fortunately, there is about six months of waiting list in front of me (once and if the car finally rolls out), so we should have anecdotes about accidents by the time my number is called. :)

Top Bottom