• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Did Ya See Todays Blog!!!!!!!! Nov. 7

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You better believe that EM has it rough, too. Paul Elio has said that EM is a "cooperative of vendors", and I would bet that, (as soon as the design is final) they get approached with new products on a daily basis. What SEMA member/manufacturer wouldn't jump at the chance to be an "authorized factory supplier!" As has been said, there are many buyers that will prefer to add everything that they want "up front", so it's just built in to their monthly payment. :)
I would rather go base with minimal options, and put the most down on the loan that I could afford to keep the payment as low as possible. Lower to no high interest monthly payments is why I usually have some cash on hand.
Pay cash for options you want, but don't need. Unsolicited advice of the day from an old geezer.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The way I understood it, when it's time to place your order, Elio will contact us by email and direct us to an interactive website where you can see what the options you choose will look like before totaling up your order. Should be a fun no pressure experience. I believe that will be the time when you will realize which toys you can really live without.
You better believe that EM has it rough, too. Paul Elio has said that EM is a "cooperative of vendors", and I would bet that, (as soon as the design is final) they get approached with new products on a daily basis. What SEMA member/manufacturer wouldn't jump at the chance to be an "authorized factory supplier!" As has been said, there are many buyers that will prefer to add everything that they want "up front", so it's just built in to their monthly payment. :)
I keep thinking of all the toys I want to add, like that 2k wi fi systen, with fancy dash, but then I come to my senses and remember that this is a two seat vehicle, and the person in the rear wouldn't be able to see all that fancy stuff, even if you can talk them into getting in the back of the thing. So I think my priorities will be basic stuff like auto trans, cruise control, upgraded stereo, color cordinated dash and door panels,and possibly window tint. When I add all that up, after my 1k down, and the $500 elio will give me for my early "all in" I bet I'll still end up around 8 or9k.

Last edited:

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I keep thinking of all the toys I want to add, like that 2k wi fi systen, with fancy dash, but then I come to my senses and remember that this is a two seat vehicle, and the person in the rear wouldn't be able to see all that fancy stuff, even if you can talk them into getting in the back of the thing. So I think my priorities will be basic stuff like auto trans, cruise control, upgraded stereo, color cordinated dash and door panels,and possibly window tint. When I add all that up, after my 1k down, and the $500 elio will give me for my early "all in" I'll bet I'm still end up around 8 or9k.

An options list is like a Playboy, sure you've seen it all before, but what is on the next page. hmmmmm?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I'm late to this party but I've never been a big fan of exterior add-on stuff, it's all very Bat-Mobile to me.
However, show me some cool electronic gear for the cockpit and I'm there! :cool:

My electronics needs were met with FM, and then when a cassette player came along I maxed out!
it seems there will be PLENTY of add-ons to meet all of our needs!!!

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Funny thing is, We could never afford a COOL car, always basic transportation. Even when we bought our truck, even that has nothing super fancy. Now that we can afford a COOL car, we just can't seem to justify spending that kind of money on transportation. We could get every option available and then some but would never utilize 80% of them. So is it still COOL, to have a COOL vehicle, without all the fancy gadgets? :rolleyes: Right now it's auto, cruise and pop out windows in the back but Ask me again in a year, when we have to make the final decision! :)

Top Bottom